RIB bed width - 112 or 120? Bed or frame?

mark aris

VIP Member
Just in the process of ordering my rib, however does anyone know if the measurements ( I.E. 112 , 120 ) refer to the size of the bed or the framework? on floor level i have 112cms between my units and the wheel arch, however i have 120cms between the units and the side of the van ( above the wheel arch) i would prefer the wider bed but don't want to order if its not going to fit.
Any help appreciated

Im looking to order a RIB bed and im not sure if to go for the 112 or 120. If I go for the 120 does that mean your cabinets are so narrow as to be of not much use. Have seen some builds where the fridge and counter stick out a bit further than the rest of the units. Is that to accommodate a 120 or the bigger beds? 112cm sounds quits snug for me and the mrs neither of us being petite. Guess 8cm isn't that much difference. Opinions please

The thing to remember is that you cannot fall out! You have a side wall one side and cupboard (or whatever) the other. In practice it does not feel so narrow as you think because you can use the whole width of the mattress without falling over the edge.

We have a 150cm King size bed at home and a 112cm bed in the van! Yes, it is obviously narrower but we have not has any issues and we spend up to 8 weeks at a time away (well, we use to!!! :cry:).

The thing to remember is that you cannot fall out! You have a side wall one side and cupboard (or whatever) the other. In practice it does not feel so narrow as you think because you can use the whole width of the mattress without falling over the edge.

We have a 150cm King size bed at home and a 112cm bed in the van! Yes, it is obviously narrower but we have not has any issues and we spend up to 8 weeks at a time away (well, we use to!!! :cry:).
Thanks that's good to know. Im going to get one ordered asap before BREXIT causes shortages

Back