Running Cadac/gas fire from onboard campingaz cylinder

Chris_t6.1

T6 Pro
Hi,

Looking for options to run my Cadac and gas fire from my existing onboard 907 cylinder. Currently I carry a separate 5kg propane cylinder with me for these but trying to optimise on space and also a little worried as it isn’t stored in a safety locker like the 907 bottle.

I was hoping to be able to swap the existing regulator/connection into my cylinder to allow a second quick connect option so I can use something like this hose kit to connect into my various gas appliances whilst still being able to supply the van with gas.

But I can’t seem to find a regulator which allows this. Does one exist?

I would prefer not to add an external bullfinch gas point if possible.

This is what my current setup looks like:

IMG_7511.jpeg

Last edited:
you can split the gas hose with a Y or T piece, . . . the Gas Regulators only have one output.~?

you can split before the hard line.

i made my own for the cadacs. . .

1717521808235.png

1717521798803.png

++++++++++++++++++

i dont know what the Gas in Campervan regulations are, i used the above external from a van !

so if you are adapting a fixed gas installation you may want to see professional advice.

from what I've heard the some of the regs are:

gas tank needs to be in a gas locker with a drop vent in the floor,

hard gas lines need to go from the locker to the fixed appliance. ( ie fitted cooker )

not sure of the mobile part as may caravans and campers have an external gas point to connect a external BBQ etc.

++++++++++++++++++

If you are not wanting an external quick connect how are you planning to safely get the gas from inside the van to outside? Running a flexible gas hose through a door or tailgate that can close on it is probably unwise...

I was hoping to get one of these that provide two outputs and then have one supply the van as before and the other connected to a bullfinch styler connector mounted on the face of the wardrobe. I would then use it when the tailgate is opened and connect in my quick connect cable.

Not worried about shutting it with it connected as it would be the same as my shower connection which needs to be disconnected before shutting.

However your shower connection will not rapidly fill the van with highly flammable gas should an accidental tailgate closure split the pipe.

looks like your regulator is in the back of that gas locker,,

and the front bit is just a connection pipe and shut off valve. . .

1717523656880.png

+++++++

so looks like that manifold as shown above could be the way to go. . . . ?

1717523732906.png

but it would need to be fitted after the regulator, basically Teed in to the hard-line?

Yes that manifold would be after the regulator which would likely mean dismantling part of the conversion to do it. I was hoping to find either a y valve that fits directly to the bottle or replace the regulator for one with two outputs and a manual switch over between them. I can’t seem to find either.

Yes that manifold would be after the regulator which would likely mean dismantling part of the conversion to do it. I was hoping to find either a y valve that fits directly to the bottle or replace the regulator for one with two outputs and a manual switch over between them. I can’t seem to find either.
nope i dont think they exisit. . .

its either gas locker with remote reg` + hard line.

or

standard Campingaz 901-907 Butane bottle top Reg` + 8mm rubber gas hose,

+++++++++

unless you hacked 907 bottle top reg with a 8mm Y hose off it, with a QR connection. . . . but that loops back to the top with gas hard-line requirements in a habitable campervan.?

the gas regs are beyond my skill set so i have no idea what the code is .?

but its probably not commercially available for a specific reason. ie - hard line required after reg`

nope i dont think they exisit. . .

its either gas locker with remote reg` + hard line.

or

standard Campingaz 901-907 Butane bottle top Reg` + 8mm rubber gas hose,

+++++++++

unless you hacked 907 bottle top reg with a 8mm Y hose off it, with a QR connection. . . . but that loops back to the top with gas hard-line requirements in a habitable campervan.?

the gas regs are beyond my skill set so i have no idea what the code is .?

but its probably not commercially available for a specific reason. ie - hard line required after reg`
Thanks for the help. Just been reading up on some of the regs and they say connections must be teed off after the regulator or the 8mm going into the van which is why they likely don’t exist.

sure. . .

post any links that cover the REGS here so that we can all have a mooch.

not my thing having gas in the van, but i do like to know what the regs relate too.

so lets see anything you dig out. . . :)

Back