Running fridge off victron smart solar controller load output

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anyone have any idea why this may not work or what problems could occur ..
seems a good way of monitoring the power consumption of my fridge and also protecting the leisure battery .
My fridge was using a lighter socket type adapter that to be honest is just pants . It was put in as part of an installation I paid for and nothing really fits it correctly.. so I wanted to create a more solid reliable and safe way of plugging in my fridge and the load output of the victron seems ideal for me .
My compressor fridge pulls around 6 /7 amps when running which seems well within the ability of the victron 100/20 load output .

no problem at all . .that's what i do.

if you want a better connection than the 12v plug.

you can use Anderson connectors. (just remember to fit a fuse in line)

1628184018749.png

no problem at all . .that's what i do.

if you want a better connection than the 12v plug.

you can use Anderson connectors. (just remember to fit a fuse in line)

View attachment 126295

Thanks yes I’m using Anderson connectors to connect the victron to the battery and the fridge is wired direct to the victron … only concern is no fuse at this stage between victron load out and fridge … the fridge states it is dc fused with a 15 amp fuse .. the victron states it will cut off if the current draw get too high so I’m wondering why or if I need an additional fuse before the fridge ..
One other question is on my mind and that is cable length to the fridge .. it came with a pretty long cable with a 12 v lighter socket type plug for its straight dc connection . And with a 240v AC power supply that has a very short cable for its dc connection to the fridge . Presumably to make for efficient dc power transfer .
Is this rather long cable ( maybe 2.5 metres ) a strain to the running the fridge efficiently? From the victron output . It make sense to me that the cable should be as short is possible . But strange it’s supplied with this long cable for running off a lighter socket .
I presume they are just concerned with selling stuff above efficiency?
or does it not make much difference when running an appliance such as a fridge ?

Last edited:
i have mine fused.

its always best to have the DC cables as short as possible.

who knows about the supplied leads. . . less cable = cheaper. But the 12v lead will need to reach a 12v socket.

Back