Running HEAVY on 235/65/17 Falken Wildpeaks - what sort of pressures should I be considering?

archersam

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I am about to do a 18 hour drive across Europe in 2 stints. Leg one non stop Calais to Zurich with an overnight stop then another non stop down the Adriatic coast.

I have a LWB shuttle and it will be running very heavy up near the limit of its 3.2 capacity.

The Falken wildpeaks say don't exceed 40psi which made me chuckle. The door sticker obviously doesn't cover that combo.

When it was empty I did the 1 hour 4 PSI check and 45psi sits good for that.

On the other small tyres I used to follow this: 48 if loaded (46 normal 52 MAX Load).

Any thoughts oh wonderful people?

Not really in a position to take it for a drive for an hour loaded as up against it with things to do at work and the house. However if I need to then I guess an hour in the UK is easy to stop and adjust rather than in the dark in France somewhere.

My GG's (different tyre manufacturer in know but same size), set up by Bognor on the TPMS show Front 57 and Rear 48 lightly loaded, and 58 all round fully laden.
Im mainly light loaded and the wear is even across the tread.

My GG's (different tyre manufacturer in know but same size), set up by Bognor on the TPMS show Front 57 and Rear 48 lightly loaded, and 58 all round fully laden.
Im mainly light loaded and the wear is even across the tread.
Thanks I’ve gone 55 all round and I’m am stopping at a supermarket approx 1 hour into France so will check the pressures whilst topping up with Cremant lolzi

I was going to start a post asking a similar question. I've just swapped out my 20" wheels for some Tomahawk Kato 17's with 235/65R17 Falken Wildpeaks. With my 20's I always ran around 42psi, but noticed the '40 psi max' warning printed on the Wildpeaks. Any input from similar set-ups also appreciated!

I ran all the way from Folkestone to half way through Italy with a very heavy van :whistle::whistle::whistle: at 55psi and it handled like a dream. I also saw the warning and ignored it. I am running at 45 since I arrived and need to do a 1 hour test again as they seem a bit low and the van is almost empty.

Back