Sargent EC30 Control Panel

PJOC56

Hi

Have this control panel in camper van. Just wanted to know what function each of the battery select switch achieve.

I know that when van parked up I switch to leisure to power fridge etc. I also sometimes have the leisure switched on when driving to keep the fridge on.

I don't really understand what the vehicle option is supposed to do when put in that position. If switching to the vehicle option is simply to display the battery voltage level on the gauge OK. But nothing else?

Also, what is the purpose of the middle option?

Also when driving what position should this switch be in? Does the position affect the charging of engine battery, the leisure battery, or both.

I only ask as engine battery now replaced as did not seem to be holding charge. So just curious about the role of this control system.

Thanks

PJOC

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 09.18.36.png

Scroll to the link bottom/right to download instructions.

Thanks for this, I had seen this info but still not quite clear what it means esp the sentence...

"The battery select switch is used to select which battery will be used (and which battery will be charged if a charger is fitted and it is operating)."

I presume the vehicle battery will not be 'used' for running leisure stuff nor the leisure 'used' for starting engine or running lights and window wipers. So what is used when the vehicle option is selected. Re charger, not sure if referring to EHU does that mean if switched to vehicle is will charge the engine battery?

Also not sure what position switch should be in when driving, i.e. when alternator is charging both engine and leisure or whether it does not matter what position the switch is in.

Just checking.

Regards

Pierce

Back