Securing leisure battery

Sirrell85

Afternoon - Hope everyone is well. Has anyone recently installed a lithium leisure battery on its side under the drivers seat and how do you secure them? I'm at that stage of my conversion now. Any info/pics would greatly appreciated. Oh and the seats are heated so there's wiring which I'm guessing may cause an issue. Cheers

Afternoon - Hope everyone is well. Has anyone recently installed a lithium leisure battery on its side under the drivers seat and how do you secure them? I'm at that stage of my conversion now. Any info/pics would greatly appreciated. Oh and the seats are heated so there's wiring which I'm guessing may cause an issue. Cheers
we install Lithiums on their sides , keeps all the terminals and cables away from seat runners etc, we use a metal strap, and no issues with seat wiring

Afternoon - Can anyone suggest ideas of how to secure the leisure battery down under the drivers seat? Thank you1000010139.jpg

You could use webbing straps.?

Or you could fit a wooden board underneath on the floor and then use an l-shape bracket on the front side of the battery. Using some foam protection on the bracket.

Have a look here for some ideas.

Hi, I am soon going to be fitting leisure battery and electrics under drivers seat, I have a low profile AGM battery but may have to mount it on its side as have a swivel base fitted, has anyone got any advice on what is best to use for clamping the battery in this position, would a normal battery tray be able to be mounted to seat frame on its side?
Thanks

The specification for the battery will state the orientations that it can be mounted. If you don’t have this it will be available online.
25Kg in rapid deceleration (as in a collision) from 60MPH will exert a force of 500-600Kg, needs some substantial brackets.

Back