Short use awnings?

MrD

T6 Guru
Right looking at a short use awning for 1 or 2 night stops (have a Vango Como Low Air for 3+ nights) , originally thought right The Tarp from Stitches and Steel looked ideal but watching a video it looks a bit flappy and billowy when set up due to large surface area , also material “looked” thin is this the case?.

Alternatively looking at Vango Airbeam Sun Canopy , Outwell Touring Sun Canopy or the Debus/Wildearth Delux types?

Looked through the awnings thread already just after real world on the above. All attached via Vamoose multi rail .

I have the debus canopy. I have a proper awning but only used it twice I think

Canopy is much quicker and easier. Could be used if you were just parking up for a few hours. would recommend
+1 for debus (or similar), so easy and quick to put up. We have used this for lunch stops etc as a sun canopy but also as a porch for overnight stays. Great for keeping the rain out and dry outside storage.

I had the vango air canopy too by imo it adds nothing to the debus apart from more hassle (and I think the area sheltered is smaller too). The reason why I bought it was the optional sides but these fit really badly anyway and if you are going to the bother of all that then a small drive away is much more useful.

I’ve just got an outdoor revolution cayman f/g and that is great for longer (wetter) stays and both that and the debus means we have all bases covered

I went for the Outwell Touring Canopy in the end , found one on EBay brand new for much cheapness . Not tried it yet but looks simples 1 steel pole and a few guylines. Refreshing to see it comes with decent robust tent pegs and a kador attachment that has 6mm (7mm possibly) and 4mm for flexibility . See how it goes in real life though

I went for the Outwell Touring Canopy in the end , found one on EBay brand new for much cheapness . Not tried it yet but looks simples 1 steel pole and a few guylines. Refreshing to see it comes with decent robust tent pegs and a kador attachment that has 6mm (7mm possibly) and 4mm for flexibility . See how it goes in real life though

I’m thinking of getting

I’m thinking of getting something very similar. Outwell sun canopy. Have you used it yet? Would you recommend?

I’m thinking of getting

I’m thinking of getting something very similar. Outwell sun canopy. Have you used it yet? Would you recommend?
I have used it and was easy to put up, really useful space and cover provided . Very pleased with it actually.

IMG_1625.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Hi - I really like the look of this palm beach awning, is there a fitting I can attach to the channel where the roof bars lives so I don't need to do any drilling? thanks in advance

We simply use the Fiamma F45s and a Jormax windbreak for the 2 day forum fests we enjoy, following a deluge at the 'summer' camp this year we've invested in a fiamma rafter pro to hopefully stop a barrel of water collecting in the wind out bit. Great bits o kit, both of them. We heavily rely on the welcome of more mature forum members to welcome us into their more sprawling set-ups! We have a Vango drive away touring air awning which we use for the longer stays, too much for a 2 dayer!

20230722_190529.jpg

We heavily rely on the welcome of more mature forum members...
Far be it for me to discount the possibility that you like hanging around with the grey brigade, but did you actually mean "more mature" or something more akin to "more seasoned [campers]"? :whistle:;)

Back