Should I change toothed belt?

Lee8210

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
We have a 2017 ex RAC van that has done around 133,000 miles, the service history printout said that the engine was changed at 101,000 miles.
I have to fit an alternator this week and wondered if the toothed belt and water pump needed to be done whilst I have the van in service mode?

What was the engine changed for?
If it was a brand new replacement engine, you would hope that it had a belt and a water pump there and then and it doesn't need to be done yet.
VW recommend a life of 140k on the belt now with no age limit - Audi are the same. I have a 2016 T6 and a 2017 Audi A6, both on around 65k miles and both have had the belts and water pumps done as I personally wouldn't go to 140k miles

What was the engine changed for?
If it was a brand new replacement engine, you would hope that it had a belt and a water pump there and then and it doesn't need to be done yet.
VW recommend a life of 140k on the belt now with no age limit - Audi are the same. I have a 2016 T6 and a 2017 Audi A6, both on around 65k miles and both have had the belts and water pumps done as I personally wouldn't go to 140k miles
I have contacted the VW dealership that did the work and they confirmed the following:

Hello,

I can confirm that the above vehicle had an engine change on 27/08/2021 at 101,384 miles. As the paperwork is from 3 years ago I am unable to find out the reason that the vehicle needs a new engine. I can see at the same time the vehicle also had a replacement flywheel as well as the cambelt and water pump changed.

Back