Show us your flat pack / collapsible gadgets

borat

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Anyone else obsessed by space saving stuff for the van? I am! My mission is to be able to have everything permanently in the van for a weekend away. My favourite so far is this bbq.
Dual fuel, can also be used as a fire pit and fits in a drawer with very little space taken up. Other faves:
1) Helinox sunset chairs - 3 in the van all the time in spaces that otherwise would be wasted. Tip - buy out of season - usually half price somewhere, as they are pricey!
2) Flatpack toilet. Fits in a drawer.
3) Ridge monkey sandwich toaster which also doubles as 2 frying pans and has utensils

What are yours?

We have a collapsible waste bucket, which can double for washing bikes. On similar lines, a collapsible washing up bowl, which can be a salad bowl. Theoretically one could do all four uses, but would need rather more cleaning…

Quite a few fold flat or compact things here as it's a kombi with a DIY slot together for the back that gets used solo for biking or with the kids

Carplife bivvyloo - fold flat toilet
Fold flat rectangular bowl/sink - fairly generic thing
Fold flat kettle from sea to summit
Ridgemonkey
Nesting pots, depending on my use
Chairs - various brands but always have the smaller collapsible chairs with me
Compact folding table with a roll up top and collapsible legs. 2 different types
Collapsible stool, useful for sitting on or a a makeshift table. Can be set at multiple heights
Fold flat step/stool. Generally used as a table

Rarely cook in the van though, usually outside or I eat out. Most of my kit is lightweight and/or packs down small

Back