Single seat in kombi bench floor fitment?

Bludfire

Hi guys,

Quick question for you. I’m looking at a t6 camper that was originally a kombi with the triple bench and it has left the original floor fittings.
It is possible to get a single seat with seatbelt to fit in the original floor holes for the bench?
EBay has single seats but the ‘legs’ look quite narrow.

Here’s a pic of the inside

IMG_2428.jpeg

Cheers

Hi,

The gaps between them will be too far apart for a single seat to fit into them... Bit of an awkward problem, you could fit additional floor brackets closer to the SLD to allow you to fit a single seat into them. I'm not sure if the bracket placement would work for this but could you use the 2 brackets closest to the SLD and add an additional 2 then fitting a single kombi seat with seatbelt already fitted to it.

Just make sure the feet are in the correct position as VW intended to avoid complications both fitting and in terms of safety

The centre single seat second row from a shuttle will fit - this is the one with the integral seatbelt - very hard to get hold of and/or expensive. But will work perfectly for you.

The centre single seat second row from a shuttle will fit - this is the one with the integral seatbelt - very hard to get hold of and/or expensive. But will work perfectly for you.
Good to know! I never knew exactly as such a rare occurrence and not much chance to faff about with them!

cheers

This would be the one then, i thought from memory it had more of an overhang which may collide with the units. Definitely not a cheap seat though!!!

Back