Skyline roof issue - bolts snapped while using

gikster

Hello,

Had an issue with our poptop last week while away and just wanted to come on here for a rant or advice!

Only purchased the van end of April and only used the roof around 4-5 times. Still under warranty in which case.

Last day of camping, went to beach for the day, came back and put roof up ready for kids to sleep. One side of the roof wouldn't raise and I was unable to push from inside.
Had a look on outside and the strut was not attached to the top (roof part).
Then found the bolts had sheared off with th nuts attached (see pic). The bolts are welded onto the bracket on the roof where the strut was attached so they are still in situ (see pic).

I've contacted Welsh Coast Campers regarding the issue and am awaiting a date for repair as they need to order something else in to sort another issue so waiting to get all sorted together in one day.

Just some advice needed really. Is this a common issue anyone knows of? Do you think the roof was poorly fitted or an issue with the roof?
Concerned it may have happened when the kids were asleep and if so is there a risk to the kids?

IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Sorry can't really help but don't recall seeing many posts with sheared bolts. May be over tightened or inferior parts (cost cutting)? I'd suggest if you haven't already get the other side replaced at the same time.

Back