Sliding door disable button staying illuminated

Craigwsmall

VIP Member
Hi everyone,

I purchased a 2012 Caravelle Executive about 4 weeks ago and everything was working as expected up until I tried the disable button for the sliding doors. Since then the button has remained illuminated and the sliding portion of my doors doesn’t work anymore.
I did flatten the battery when I first got the van through excitement of playing with things while it wasn’t running.
I had 3 faults on VCDS these were:
03303 Implausible signal of left rear door
00667 Supply voltage terminal 30 lower limit exceeded
02363 Motor for sliding door opening (v293) no signal, intermittant
These have since been cleared and there are no stored faults but the button is still lit.
I purchased a new button but this wasn’t the issue. I’ve checked for wiring issues/ water damage under the passenger seat but it’s like new in there.
I just have a feeling this is a stupid, reset issue.
All help is welcome

View attachment 250902

View attachment 250903

Hi everyone,

I purchased a 2012 Caravelle Executive about 4 weeks ago and everything was working as expected up until I tried the disable button for the sliding doors. Since then the button has remained illuminated and the sliding portion of my doors doesn’t work anymore.
I did flatten the battery when I first got the van through excitement of playing with things while it wasn’t running.
I had 3 faults on VCDS these were:
03303 Implausible signal of left rear door
00667 Supply voltage terminal 30 lower limit exceeded
02363 Motor for sliding door opening (v293) no signal, intermittant
These have since been cleared and there are no stored faults but the button is still lit.
I purchased a new button but this wasn’t the issue. I’ve checked for wiring issues/ water damage under the passenger seat but it’s like new in there.
I just have a feeling this is a stupid, reset issue.
All help is welcome

View attachment 250902

View attachment 250903
Just an update on this issues, I disconnected the main and leisure battery, connected both + and - terminals together and left it for a few hours. Sod’s Law once reconnected all is working.

Not sods law at all - forcing a full ECU power down and restart is always a good thing to try with electrical weirdness before starting to replace things. For future tip you don't really need hours as you are just ensuring any supply capacitors in the modules are fully drained so everything is definitely shut down - usually just do the connect, have a cuppa, and carry on.

Back