Sliding door not opening

Jay-D

150 dsg camper
VIP Member
T6 Pro
My sliding door has gone on strike. Apologies if it’s already been discussed elsewhere, I’ve had a Quick Look and I’m guessing the actuator has gone. The door has been fine until today, then briefly wouldn’t open before but now there’s no life there at all. Can’t hear the actuator operating. It’s got one of those tables in the door, so should be fairly easy to remove the trim. It is worth sending into the garage or is it a fairly simple job? Great way to end a Sunday :confused:

It might be the mech needs oiling - the grease dries out and seizes. There are posts in the archives about drilling a hole in the lock actuator case and squirting oil inside.

At least you’ve had a go searching - often its landing on the right key words that finds the helpful posts!

This cured mine which was randomly deciding not to unlock or lock.

PS there is a button to revert to manual for unlocking!

Last edited:
It might be the mech needs oiling - the grease dries out and seizes. There are posts in the archives about drilling a hole in the lock actuator case and squirting oil inside.

At least you’ve had a go searching - ofter its landing on the right key words that finds the helpful posts!

This cured mine which was randomly deciding not to unlock or lock.

PS there is a button to revert to manual for unlocking!
Thanks for the reply mate, I appreciate it. Apologies if it’s obvious but what do you mean a button to revert to manual for unlocking?

My sliding door has a button just above the internal release handle to unlock it. Must be an accident safety feature.

So the van has been in today, warranty have been sent a quote for a new mechanism and lock for the slider, from the garage. Also had them look at the drivers door lock as it’s really stiff and won’t lock or unlock using the key (not ideal if I ever run the battery out). That needs a new matched barrel from vw. See how we get on with the warranty company as I don’t fancy forking out £600+ on this after 4 weeks of owning it :confused:

Where is the line between responsibility of the seller and using up your warranty claim limit?

Where is the line between responsibility of the seller and using up your warranty claim limit?
Unsure tbh, it was from a garage and they did say that I could email them the quote and they would run it through the warranty or cover it. Haven’t looked into limits etc

See my post and link here on consumer rights around vehicle purchase. I suggest you move fast as your strongest rights are in the first 30 days and shouldn't involve your warranty company.

Back