Sliding Tray for Kombi T6.0 - Which one to go for ?

Have you seen the price of 140kg drawer runners????

If not then you'll think £1100 for the whole doodah to be fairly reasonable!!!

I've been thinking the same thing. Even considering swapping with a second hand Ovano or similar... Following with interest

£135 for a set of 220kg locking 1400mm full extension drawer slides.

£1100 is a lot of money for that, imo. It does look quite well made, to be fair. And out of metal. But honestly, building a functionally identical one out of 18mm ply would cost about £300 max, I recon. Including the drawer slides.

Here's one I made earlier...
1000005185.jpg

thanks looks good

Are there any other companies selling something cheaper then fortywinks as they seem to be taking the pi$$

I’ve been looking at the FortyWinks sliding tray here Slideaway | Forty Winks but they want an eye watering £1100 for it, i’ve got their bed but £1100 seems really expensive ..can anyone recommend a cheaper option ?
I own a joinery business and have used this company for draw runners marking large understair units etc. Good quality and good on price. For a DIYer you can also buy the Hex faced board and can get cut up from say Cut Edge and Bond, just work your measurements out and they will get it up for you and deliver it.
Hope that all helps.

I've built this as part of a whole bed system. I reckon you could make with one 8x4 sheet of Hex ply, unless you were particular about the direction of the hexagon pattern and happy with a join in the side pieces, otherwise you would be into a second sheet. It costs about £160 a sheet, and as stated the drawer sides are £150-180 but necessary. The load reduces depending on the length of the slides, but I think you'd still struggle to reach the limit,IMG_2016.jpeg

Back