Solar panel life expectancy

Owain

T6 Pro
What kind Regards of life expectancy can one expext from your typical flexible panel nowdays?

My 100watt panels seems to have given up the ghost after just 3 years.

I isolated panel and checked voltage; only seeing a volt.

Any recommendations? I want to fix and upgrade to 200watt.

Any idea what make your panel was?

Most panel cells are listed as 10+ years.

Most whole panels are warranted for 1 or 2 years .

My 250w Flexi panel has been going for over five years now - not looking forward to the day it gives up, it's going to be a nightmare to remove!

had these on the shed for 3year or so . . still going.

1656307539477.png

Suppose I just had a bit of bad luck.

How do they bear up to being shorted. Was wondering if a fault on my battery-battery come solar charger could cause issue.

Any recommendations for reputable dealers for panels? One that might still exist in a couple of years if panel does go pop?

Shorting the panel temporarily wont damage it.

I've used these brands... No issues so far.

Renogy.
Lensun.
Photonic universe.

This may help.

I have watched various you tube videos saying how shit these panels are. But i have just bought another this time renogy.

See how long it lasts.

I would say use only 10% of the sikaflex you think you need. Save agro. Its indistructable and save yourself mechanical removal time cleaning the shite off when you WILL have to replace panel in a couple of years.

I have watched various you tube videos saying how shit these panels are. But i have just bought another this time renogy.

See how long it lasts.

I would say use only 10% of the sikaflex you think you need. Save agro. Its indistructable and save yourself mechanical removal time cleaning the shite off when you WILL have to replace panel in a couple of years.
Or just use Velcro instead.

On our old (now sold motorhome) the panels were fitted in 2013, and they are still going strong (350 watts worth) as I know the current owners. This is in Spain by the way so they are left out in the sun 247/365.
I was so happy with company, I fitted their 200watt version this year to our camper. Make NDS.

Would never ever use velcro...... asking for trouble.

Back