Sold SOLD Batavus Quip Extra Cargo Traditional Dutch Transport City Bicycle Bike Rare UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

t6blo

Ex-owner
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Batavus Quip Extra Cargo

Traditional Dutch Transport City Bicycle

This is a genuine Dutch bike and is not often found in the UK - very rare. Looks great and a bit different to the norm.

It has been hardly used, stored in a dry secure shed and looks like it rolled out of the showroom - there are a couple of very minor little marks on the frame/mudguards but really hard to see and just cosmetic. Tyres are like new and the bike works perfectly - on the odd occasion I did ride it the bike was extremely comfortable and easy to ride.

The practical transport bike​

Groceries, work or family visit, with the Quip transport bike you always have enough space on the way. Easily place a sports bag, crate or child seat on the sturdy adjustable front carrier. Need more space? Easily place bike bags on the extra sturdy rear carrier. This way you always have enough space for your groceries and bags. The Quip is the practical transport bike for all your daily activities.
Features:

• Aluminium frame with unique design incorporating frame number
  • Medium 56cm frame for people around 170-181cm tall)
  • Satin/Matt black
  • Front cargo carrier
  • Rear cargo carrier
  • Full length mudguards
  • 3 speed Shimano Nexus hub gears
  • Fully enclosed drive chain
  • Disc brakes front and rear
  • Built in frame lock
  • Sidestand
  • Relaxed upright cruiser handlebars
  • Extremely comfy saddle
  • Integrated bell
  • Rear LED light
  • 26” wheels with urban tyres

Collection only from Southend on sea in Essex.
Looking for around £300

IMG_1693.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

IMG_1699.jpeg

IMG_1700.jpeg

IMG_1701.jpeg

IMG_1704.jpeg

IMG_1705.jpeg

I’m 5ft 10 ish but only have 29” trouser leg - the saddle in this position I can just about put the ball of my foot on the floor. It is bigger than it looks.

if I lived in the city It would be a great asset….it’s a thing of beauty….it’s a shame we don’t embrace cycling as the Europeans do…personally I’d regret selling it :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back