Stain on paint?

Rg_

T6 Guru
Hello, any ideas what this is? Looks like an oil stain or something. Everyone I wash the van it remains.

Thanks

IMG_1138.jpeg

That's water either exiting the drain holes in the windows or overflowing front the rubber seat surround.

Basically anything on your seals or in the window drains gets flushed out and down the side of the van!

Mine does it too.

But if it's not washing off you might need to use something stronger, I doubt it's permanently stained the clear coat.

That's water either exiting the drain holes in the windows or overflowing front the rubber seat surround.

Basically anything on your seals or in the window drains gets flushed out and down the side of the van!

Mine does it too.

But if it's not washing off you might need to use something stronger, I doubt it's permanently stained the clear coat.
I'll have to give it a good scrub. Maybe it's the layer of wax on top of it too.

I wonder if this is rust staining? The internal workings of the OEM sliding windows are known to rust and in some cases the sliding part can detatch.

I’ve never seen anything like this on other vans including my own, which makes me think the water dripping out is contaminated with something.

There have been some posts regarding windows falling in / detaching, with potentially dangerous consequences, so worth a read and check of yours just in case.

I have something similar in the corner of the rear tailgate window - been there from new and I was told that it was probably down to a piece of swarf in the rear window aperture. As it was built with a window from factory, it's been there from the start. No evidence of any further issues so I decided it was too much effort to try and deal with it and only I probably notice it!

Back