Starting and stalling after a few seconds

mrangry

VIP Member
Hi all, a friend has recently bought a 2019 t6 2.0 tdi (single turbo) lwb t6 camper. The van has recent receipts for new egr, cooler and pipes and this all looks new. The van has 80000 miles approx and on a recent rip to France it suddenly started to lose power with a strong exhaust/fuel smell evident. The eml also came on putting the van in limp mode. A short time later the van lost all power and would only restart and run for a few seconds before stalling.

The van was recovered back to Scotland by the RAC and I had a look over it today. First start it ran for about 3 minutes before stuttering and stalling. After stalling there was a pressure release (loud chuff) back through the inlet. I do not have vcds but scanned it and the code U11F500 was logged (DPF pressure sensor no communication). Checking the live data the soot mass showed minus 112g oddly.

When briefly running a hand over the exhaust tailpipe showed hardly any exhaust pressure so I am guessing the dpf is blocked. What do you guys think?

Is it worth soaking the dpf in solvent for a few days followed by a wash through or just buy a delete kit?

Either disconnect the exhaust at the turbo, or remove the exhaust gas temperature sensor before the dpf and see if it runs. If it does, then you know it's blocked as the gasses can now escape

Back pressure from a blocked DPF starving it . Sounds reasonable.

Just to add and forgot to mention, it has apparently had an adblue delete by the previous owner too. If dpf blocked would there not also be a dpf light illuminated as well as the yellow coil (limp mode) lamp? Suppose this is the joys of buying a used vehicle with no real knowledge of what has been changed software wise.

Back