Stitches and Steel Multirail

5n0wb0mb3r

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Afternoon,
Can anyone help? Stitches+Steel have been unresponsive on this so far.
I have a Stitches and Steel Multirail which I have fixed to the van using the self drilling screws provided.
However I have come out to find the front screws over the passenger door have pulled though. So i cant screw it back in.
Other than removing the rail and welding the holes etc.
Can anyone else offer a solution? Only things i can think of are larger dia. screws or just sikaflex and seal it.

20240620_144303.jpg

How has it pulled away if it's bonded to the van?

Pretty much the screws are normally there to hold rails until the bonding cures and then that takes the load.

How has it pulled away if it's bonded to the van?

Pretty much the screws are normally there to hold rails until the bonding cures and then that takes the load.
The screws didnt hold it or maybe it was the metalwork that couldnt take the pressure of the multirail pulling away before the sikaflex went off.

Did you fully bond it or only in dabs around the screws as shown on the S+S fitting video (which I admit surprised me)

Did you fully bond it or only in dabs around the screws as shown on the S+S fitting video (which I admit surprised me)
I applied some to the holes on the van and then put 2 beads down the length on the back of the rail.

Back