Stop/start issue

Neidav

Hi all, my 2019 T6 has an intermittent stop/start fault. When I stop at traffic lights the glow plug light flashes for a few seconds, then the van cuts out completely and I have to manually restart it. This doesn't seem to happen immediately, only once the stop/start has been activated for a short while. Just got it back from the garage as I was also having turbo underboost problems too. The garage said that from the fault codes there was a glow plug sensor fault, which they fixed by replacing the glow plug sensor (unsurprisingly! ). There was also a fault code for an air leak causing the turbo underboost, but they never found the air leak. They said they must have somehow inadvertently fixed it when replacing the glow plug sensor, as the turbo seemed to be fine again afterwards and there were now no fault codes - only just got it back today, so time will tell on that one. Driving home from the garage, stopped at traffic lights, stop/start kicked in, engine cut out completely..... all advice gratefully received!

Do you have a code reader as it's hard to diagnose a modern engine from physical symptoms alone - you need to see what the electronics see.

If you don't the basic Carista is a good place to start.

Cheers Roadtripper. I have a very basic code reader, but think I need to invest in a Carista! P0299 and P13D6 were what showed up on mine.

What you need to do is to clear historical codes that have likely/hopefully been fixed and see which comes back for your current issue.

Worth checking the battery health too, how old is it and have you had any incidents where it has gone flat?

Back