SWB U shape in real life…

Bee_0022

Hello!
First post as a newbie here!
We are converting our SWB T6.1 and have our heart set on a u shape. I don’t suppose there is anyone in the midlands that has a SWB u shape set up we could pop and have a look at in real life? Or know of any companies with the set up already in and able to view?
Thank you

Vanfurniture.co.uk have showroom which is based in Thetford, Norfolk. I am in Leeds and welcome to come look at mine but perhaps too far for you.

Thank you sorry I should have said we are near Derby

Yes I assumed both would be quite far from you. To note Van Furniture charge £150 delivery so whilst quite a drive if you were able to collect the saving would more than pay for your diesel.

None of these are local however here are some other manufacturers that you may or may not already be aware of which I considered before I bought mine:

We have the van project set up. U shape has pros and cons. Tbh most of the time we leave in the bed position. Will be at summer camp in July if you want to pop over and have a look. Is a lwb but you'll get the idea.

Thanks.

None of these are local however here are some other manufacturers that you may or may not already be aware of which I considered before I bought mine:

Thank you it’s mostly to have a sit down in the back and make sure we’re happy with the space.

We have the van project set up. U shape has pros and cons. Tbh most of the time we leave in the bed position. Will be at summer camp in July if you want to pop over and have a look. Is a lwb but you'll get the idea.

Thanks.

Thank you for the video What are your pros and cons please? It’s really that we want to go away in the winter and sit ‘caravan style’ on an evening rather than having to either make the bed up or be sit bolt upright facing forward. Do you feel you have enough space to sit and enjoy a drink?

We have a u-shape in a LWB.
If there are only 2 of you then it’s ideal.
We can have lunch sat round the table with a view out of the rear window.
If it’s raining we can sit with our feet up on the sofa.
It’s quick and easy to make the bed-caravan style where you pull the seat base across and use the seat backs as infills for the base.
Also, because there’s no rock n roll seat in the way I can use the table under the tailgate and cook while the wife can just be prepping at the table and passing me stuff out over the seats while she sets the table.
Having a (removable) table in the rear also gives space to have a swivel table at the front behind the passenger seat so you get loads of worktop space if needed.
Also there’s tons of storage space under the seats. We have a Thetford porta potty in a cupboard under the seats too.

Have a look at Northern Rose
IMG_4311.jpegIMG_2738.jpegIMG_2413.jpeg

Thank you for the video What are your pros and cons please? It’s really that we want to go away in the winter and sit ‘caravan style’ on an evening rather than having to either make the bed up or be sit bolt upright facing forward. Do you feel you have enough space to sit and enjoy a drink?
As above comfortable for two. Do you plan on fitting a pop top and sleeping upstairs?

Pros.
Nice to sit inside.
Different from all the r'n'r styles.
Makes large wide bed.
Plenty of under seat storage.
Cheap solution.

Cons.
Making bed a bit of apita.
No rear seat belted chairs.
Seated head height can be tight depending on pop top fitted.
Requires flexible table to assist access (lagun style).

Hello!
First post as a newbie here!
We are converting our SWB T6.1 and have our heart set on a u shape. I don’t suppose there is anyone in the midlands that has a SWB u shape set up we could pop and have a look at in real life? Or know of any companies with the set up already in and able to view?
Thank you
Not local to you but if your anywhere nr Bolton or passing through give me a shout, wish I'd done what your doing, I'm quite large ish and probably wouldn't have gone down this route if I'd sat in one kitted out. Saying that it's a great bit of kit and everybody else loves it.

20230608_170416.jpg

As above comfortable for two. Do you plan on fitting a pop top and sleeping upstairs?

Pros.
Nice to sit inside.
Different from all the r'n'r styles.
Makes large wide bed.
Plenty of under seat storage.
Cheap solution.

Cons.
Making bed a bit of apita.
No rear seat belted chairs.
Seated head height can be tight depending on pop top fitted.
Requires flexible table to assist access (lagun style).
Thank you that’s super helpful.

We’ve got our first stage bits done, pop top, flooring, windows, diesel heater etc. The van is empty ‘downstairs’ and we’ve been sleeping in the pop top. It’s just getting annoying having boxes downstairs and wouldn’t be much fun for winter!

This would give us the seating area (no kids or any need for passengers) and the option to sleep down if we wanted to

We have a u-shape in a LWB.
If there are only 2 of you then it’s ideal.
We can have lunch sat round the table with a view out of the rear window.
If it’s raining we can sit with our feet up on the sofa.
It’s quick and easy to make the bed-caravan style where you pull the seat base across and use the seat backs as infills for the base.
Also, because there’s no rock n roll seat in the way I can use the table under the tailgate and cook while the wife can just be prepping at the table and passing me stuff out over the seats while she sets the table.
Having a (removable) table in the rear also gives space to have a swivel table at the front behind the passenger seat so you get loads of worktop space if needed.
Also there’s tons of storage space under the seats. We have a Thetford porta potty in a cupboard under the seats too.

Have a look at Northern Rose
View attachment 203024View attachment 203027View attachment 203028
Thank you, what you’re describing is exactly what we’re looking for. My other half is wanting to physically sit in / see it in a SWB set up before we pay out. We’ve got the place we’re getting it done (same place who has completed our pop top etc) but we made the mistake of looking in a van with a rib bed at the weekend so now we need to physically compare. I’m still keen on the U for the above reasons you have said!

Thank you, love the dark blue Northern Rose!

Will be available to see ours at summer camp. Might be worth an afternoon out for you so you can see a few different layouts.

Will be available to see ours at summer camp. Might be worth an afternoon out for you so you can see a few different layouts.

This looks absolutely brilliant! We’ve got family visiting that weekend
This is what I get for lurking on this forum and occasionally looking at the for sale posts

Not local to you but if your anywhere nr Bolton or passing through give me a shout, wish I'd done what your doing, I'm quite large ish and probably wouldn't have gone down this route if I'd sat in one kitted out. Saying that it's a great bit of kit and everybody else loves it.

View attachment 203051
Hey Belly, we are heading up North on Friday morning… are you about / free for 10 mins for us to take a detour and little nosy in your van please? There’s biscuits in it for you…

Thank you, what you’re describing is exactly what we’re looking for. My other half is wanting to physically sit in / see it in a SWB set up before we pay out. We’ve got the place we’re getting it done (same place who has completed our pop top etc) but we made the mistake of looking in a van with a rib bed at the weekend so now we need to physically compare. I’m still keen on the U for the above reasons you have said!

Thank you, love the dark blue Northern Rose!
Hey Belly, we are heading up North on Friday morning… are you about / free for 10 mins for us to take a detour and little nosy in your van please? There’s biscuits in it for you…
What time you thinking ?? I'm 10 mins off jct 6 of the M61. I'm in hospital next week so I have a covid test booked for Fri morning 9-15 be back home before 10.. you can gladly have a look and see. I'll send you my mobile..

Back