T28 - fitting T32 suspension with new (used) parts

fekillix

Hello!

I have a well used T5.1 T28. It is in need for a suspension update as there are torn boots on the ball joints and stabilizer bars, it has 220K km (140k miles).

I have found two front knuckles for sale from a crashed T32 with just 2000km on them . My thought is that by buying these I'm getting "new" wheel bearings, "new" ABS sensors (compatible?), and "new" ball joints for just for £140 for the pair already fitted to "new" knuckles.

I also found a complete set of shocks and springs with just delivery miles from a new T32 that was lifted for £430. My old suspension is pretty rusty but it might have some life left, but £430 seems like a good deal for new OEM shocks and springs.

Will my T28 ride very rough with T32 suspension? I wouldn't mind a boost in ride height. Is the front wishbones different between a T28 T5.1 and a T32 T6.1? Are the ABS sensors identical? I already have the front apart to change brakes, a CV boot and the stabilizing bars and ball joints, so it is not much additional work to change the knuckles and shocks.

Best regards, Fekillix.

Hello!

I have a well used T5.1 T28. It is in need for a suspension update as there are torn boots on the ball joints and stabilizer bars, it has 220K km (140k miles).

I have found two front knuckles for sale from a crashed T32 with just 2000km on them . My thought is that by buying these I'm getting "new" wheel bearings, "new" ABS sensors (compatible?), and "new" ball joints for just for £140 for the pair already fitted to "new" knuckles.

I also found a complete set of shocks and springs with just delivery miles from a new T32 that was lifted for £430. My old suspension is pretty rusty but it might have some life left, but £430 seems like a good deal for new OEM shocks and springs.

Will my T28 ride very rough with T32 suspension? I wouldn't mind a boost in ride height. Is the front wishbones different between a T28 T5.1 and a T32 T6.1? Are the ABS sensors identical? I already have the front apart to change brakes, a CV boot and the stabilizing bars and ball joints, so it is not much additional work to change the knuckles and shocks.

Best regards, Fekillix.
Ok the T32 hubs is a great idea but will need T32 shocks as well , There isnt much difference in the front springs on a T32 compared to T28 but the rear spring is stronger so unloaded feels a bit harder

All the ABS sensors should be compatible and plug in directly , ( never dont it but they should be the same )

The front wishbones are different but its the bushes , solid on a T 32 and webbed on a T28 , just fit powerflex to your LCA and that will give a great result , ( we have them if you need )
£430.00 for Standard springs and shocks ?? . I dont have any so i cant offer you any but i am sure if you call a few companies like ours , someone will have some cheaper than that ( a bit more money and you can have the best shocks on the market KONI ha ha )

Thank you very much CRS Performance. I'll order the knuckles/hubs and be a guniea pig for the ABS.

As for the suspension I'm in Norway so that was the best price I could find, but I will check out getting a new set of Koni shocks/springs if the price difference is not that big. I'll be looking into Powerflex bushings for the wishbones or just ordering some new Meyle wishbones. The UK has such a huge transporter community and great parts avaliability, I'm jealous ;)

My plan is to drive the van to the UK for a pop top install once it is running and driving. However that is a bit ways away since every part of the van needs attention (lesson learned, never buy an auction van unseen :rolleyes:, especially from the guy who owned mine :mad:). I just replaced the timing belt and V belt. I'm rebuilding/replacing all the calipers. Injectors are out for refurb. Suspension needs a lot of work. Rusty body etc.

Thank you very much CRS Performance. I'll order the knuckles/hubs and be a guniea pig for the ABS.

As for the suspension I'm in Norway so that was the best price I could find, but I will check out getting a new set of Koni shocks/springs if the price difference is not that big. I'll be looking into Powerflex bushings for the wishbones or just ordering some new Meyle wishbones. The UK has such a huge transporter community and great parts avaliability, I'm jealous ;)

My plan is to drive the van to the UK for a pop top install once it is running and driving. However that is a bit ways away since every part of the van needs attention (lesson learned, never buy an auction van unseen :rolleyes:, especially from the guy who owned mine :mad:). I just replaced the timing belt and V belt. I'm rebuilding/replacing all the calipers. Injectors are out for refurb. Suspension needs a lot of work. Rusty body etc.
Good luck with the work. Hope it all goes well and don’t forget to let us all know how it goes.

Rodin & Co A/S
Industriveien 1,
Norway
www.rodin.no
rodin@rodin.no
+47 63 893300

Give them a shout

Back