T5.1 Heater / Aircon / Climatic controller replacement

mevt5

Hi all,
Just joined the camper group and got a t5.1 2013 T30 T5, however given the nice weather i started using the aircon.

This was intermittent and after replacing the pressure sensor and a few other bits i turned my attention to the controls.
In positions 1&2 i could select the aircon button but in positions 3&4 could select any of the buttons. (and weather i could select the buton and it light up or not the aircon would intermittantly work and would sometimes require and engine off/on.

I bought a Golf mk6 replacement (supidly thinking it looked the same) however it 'kinda works' it cant control the flaps, but what it did do is prove the original dials were faulty as now the aircon works perfectly.

So this leaves me in need of a replacement controls:

Current part numbers:
7E5 907 047 BM WZU
5HB 010 259
1722000228214.jpeg

id prefer not to spend £200, are there other alternative part numbers that would work in my t5.1 2013

Many thanks
Ade

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I’ve looked in to this before now - it being part of a heated-seat retrofit project - and, like you, have found it to be hit and miss with what HVAC controllers work.

Can you upload a photo of the front of the unit?

And if it looks like this one..
Heater/ AC console removed from a 2017 high line van £25 + P&P or collect from rm 13

..then you may be in luck!

mine is like this:
1722005397220.png
missing the rear heated glass, which im not fussed about just not sure it itll still operate ok.

Back