T6.1 DAB signal keeps dropping now PopTop fitted

Theresa

Hi, I have a T6.1 which has been converted to pop top campervan. I have just upgraded to an Alpine Halo and the radio signal keeps dropping with both DAB and FM. Does anybody know how I can sort this?
Thank you

It sounds like you need a better aerial or might be as simple as checking the connections.
My t6 standard aerial is fitted in the mirror and I am not sure if 6.1 is the same?
I have never had any reception problems but my stereo is factory oem. I think the area you live plays a part also. My local area is flat as a pancake with no hills etc
I am pretty sure others have fitted shark aerials on the roof to sort reception problems?
I am sure a couple of the forum experts will be along soon to give you advice.

Thanks, yes the aerial is fitted in the wing mirror. When I contacted the company that fitted it, they said they could not do the shark ariel due to the pop top roof. It does not seem to make any difference where I am driving. I just wondered if there was anything else I could do otherwise I may have to go back to the factory fitted.

Have you had anything else fitted? A dash cam for example?

Have you had anything else fitted? A dash cam for example?
Interesting, just got my van and the DAB reception is awful (T6.1, standard factory unit). FM works ok though.
It's got a Reimo poptop fitted, but I've also added a dashcam in the passenger top corner of the windscreen.
Where is the DAB aerial on the T6.1 ? How would a dashcam affect it?

Many thanks
Dave

Interesting, just got my van and the DAB reception is awful (T6.1, standard factory unit). FM works ok though.
It's got a Reimo poptop fitted, but I've also added a dashcam in the passenger top corner of the windscreen.

Many thanks
Dave
The DAB aerial is in one of the wing mirrors, can't remember which. Hard wired dashcams usually have cheap power supplies which emit electro magnetic noise, affecting the DAB signal.

Many thanks
Dave
So thanks to all, it was the dashcam causing the problem
Just need to sort out the sound (or lack of it) on Android Auto now.......

Diagram of all the 6.1 antenna (there are more than you think!) over here:

I'm having the same issue.
2023 T6.1 with a camper conversion and pop-top.
Recently had a Halo 9 installed and having issues with the DAB reception which is constantly dropping out now, where I had no issues at all with the original head unit.
Not had anything else changed or fitted, just the Halo 9 and the loom to connect to the VW set up to retain steering wheel, SOS, menus etc.
Any ideas???

I'd check that they actually connected the DAB antenna or that it's correctly routed through the adaptor loom.

What does the fitter say?

I'd check that they actually connected the DAB antenna or that it's correctly routed through the adaptor loom.

What does the fitter say?
It's been back in today for the fitter to look at it and they don't really know what the issue is.
They think the SOS is interfering with DAB reception and / or possible some interference from the loom adapter.
They're going to speak to the loom manufacturer and Alpine and get back to me. Meanwhile have disconnected the SOS which has made little to no difference and now comes up with a warning.....

Dab reception on these vans since T5.1s has always been awful. As it’s in the drivers mirror, so the signal is already compromised

The standard 6.1 radio is worse than the discovery media for switching between dab/fm whilst driving ,

I suggest checking the dab/amp is switched on in settings. And check nothing is interfering with it, ie dash cam, usb chargers, aftermarket led lights, even some B2B , amps can cause issues. But it will not be the sos retention interface, or headunits wiring .

Back