T6.1 Highline Reverse Camera - KA1 from factory?

benholmes21

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. I’ve tried searching on the forum and found that the lowline camera is KA1 and highline is KA2.

I have a 2024 PV highline and with factory fit reverse camera but only have the static guide lines… but being Highline I thought I should have the moving guides when the steering wheel moves. I’ve checked the build sheet from when the van was spec’d and the reverse camera is KA1.

My question is, has anyone else got a low line camera as standard on their highline van? Or is this something I should be raising with the dealer? Would there be a reason why my van has the lower quality camera?

Thanks.

My 2023 T6.1 highline also has a factory-fitted lowline camera.

Ah okay, so it’s not just me then. I wonder if the “highline” camera only came with one of the “assist” packages then rather than just the rear camera option?

Wonder if anyone else in the know can shed some light on this? As I believe there is an extra module needed for the sweeping reverse lines so it’s not something that can just be coded in?

There was another thread on here about this recently. I think you need another module to pick up the steering angle. Try doing a search- I think the thread was about camera resolution.

The rotating lines are drawn by the camera itself! So if you just replace the camera everything should work. The new camera is also able to switch view modes, but this will require encoding

The rotating lines are drawn by the camera itself! So if you just replace the camera everything should work. The new camera is also able to switch view modes, but this will require encoding
So because it’s a factory fit option, the module that reads the steering angle should already be installed on Highline vans?

That’s the thread I was reading! As I thought originally it would just be a coding job!

I can't remember if the stock camera has the wiring to it but I've just retrofitted the KA2 camera and you need can bus wires to it

I can't remember if the stock camera has the wiring to it but I've just retrofitted the KA2 camera and you need can bus wires to it

Is it a big job for the benefit of having moving lines on the screen or a fairly easy one? Just weighing up if it’s worth the extra cost or not.

2 wires (twisted pair) to the back of the headunit. Swap the camera. Our demo van had no camera so we had to start from scratch with a full loom

2 wires (twisted pair) to the back of the headunit. Swap the camera. Our demo van had no camera so we had to start from scratch with a full loom

I’ll wait until I swap out the head unit for the bigger discovery media unit then and have it all done at once!

So because it’s a factory fit option, the module that reads the steering angle should already be installed on Highline vans?
The steering angle sensor is available on all cars where there is a system for maintaining directional stability and stabilizing movement! (esp)

The camera picks up steering angle via canbus messages sent by the steering angle sensor

Is it a big job for the benefit of having moving lines on the screen or a fairly easy one? Just weighing up if it’s worth the extra cost or not.
See this recent thread

Back