T6.1 Passenger Window issue

N3DXT

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Wound down the passenger window for the first time in ages today and the glass seems to have popped off it's runner, when I try to close it the window tilts forward towards the mirror with the back edge not running tight to the b pillar of the door. As a result it doesn't go all the way up right now.

Does the T6 / T6.1 suffer with broken clips on the electric window regulator gubbins or is it just a case of taking the door card off, the internal door section and then just popping the glass back in place. I'm a bit reluctant to strip the door down If I'll likely to need to order a part and then having to leave it in bits for a week or so.

Cheers

Wound down the passenger window for the first time in ages today and the glass seems to have popped off it's runner, when I try to close it the window tilts forward towards the mirror with the back edge not running tight to the b pillar of the door. As a result it doesn't go all the way up right now.

Does the T6 / T6.1 suffer with broken clips on the electric window regulator gubbins or is it just a case of taking the door card off, the internal door section and then just popping the glass back in place. I'm a bit reluctant to strip the door down If I'll likely to need to order a part and then having to leave it in bits for a week or so.

Cheers
I had this on my T6 like the windows coming up out of square
You can pull on the glass when half way up to square it up then should do up fully as an emergency solution!
It only happens once in a blue moon so haven’t investigated fully

Yeah as above, door open, one hand either side sandwiching the glass then as it rises pull it back and hold it square

You only need to take the door card off then there are two holes (with rubber bungs in) that line up with the two glass clamps that hold the window in place so you should have no issues removing the door card and leaving it off if needs be until you have resolved the situation, just be aware of you are under warranty and take it apart VW will blame you and use it to deny a warranty claim so consider that first

This shows the 2 holes to access the window clamp bolts, they will have rubber covers on them when you remove the door card

IMG_6449.JPG

Heres so better pics of the passenger side

IMG_6462.JPG

If you want to access anything more than the clamp bolts you will need to remove the inner black plastic panel

This is the height the window needs to be to line up the clamp bolts with the access holes

IMG_6465.JPG

Loosen off the clamp bolts

IMG_6463.JPG

IMG_6464.JPG

Then lift out the glass in this motion

IMG_6466.JPG

IMG_6467.JPG

You will now be free to remove the inner door panel and access all workings etc

Yeah as above, door open, one hand either side sandwiching the glass then as it rises pull it back and hold it square

You only need to take the door card off then there are two holes (with rubber bungs in) that line up with the two glass clamps that hold the window in place so you should have no issues removing the door card and leaving it off if needs be until you have resolved the situation, just be aware of you are under warranty and take it apart VW will blame you and use it to deny a warranty claim so consider that first
Photo3.jpg

Photo.jpg

Hi - really appreciate your help. I did manage to get the glass to just an inch from the top but after that it wasn't budging so I've taped up the gap for now to keep it dry.

I think the warranty on my window mech might be a distant memory to be honest - this was what I was sent by the stereo installers when I had the doors sound proofed and components installed - this was about 15 months ago.

Heres so better pics of the passenger side

View attachment 250515

If you want to access anything more than the clamp bolts you will need to remove the inner black plastic panel

This is the height the window needs to be to line up the clamp bolts with the access holes

View attachment 250518

Loosen off the clamp bolts

View attachment 250516

View attachment 250517

Then lift out the glass in this motion

View attachment 250519

View attachment 250520

You will now be free to remove the inner door panel and access all workings etc
You're an absolute star, cheers

They both seemed a bit loose to be honest, I loosened them off a bit more, squared the glass up and nipped them us as tight as I dared.

It was a mission getting the door car back on due to amount of soundproofing on the back of the door card plus it's running slightly bigger components in the door. I'd say that was the hardest bit

Back