T6.1 Reverse Camera retrofit can it be done cheaply

xop32

T6 Pro
i have a 2021 T6.1 shuttle base S model and i am looking to retrofit a reverse camera for it,

are we able to just feed a video signal from a reverse camera powered on from the reverse light on the back ( the green and white wire) to the back of the radio

if this is the case this would only cost £15 for the camera that clip into the numberplate light (on tailgate model, all shuttles are tailgates) and i have a few of left over from previous installs on t6's

i do have access to vas in order to code / and switch on the relevant options

once the rear camera is enabled, and the relevant options enables via vas/vcds does it automaticly switch to that on the screen once reverse is selected, if so what wires are the camera input on the quadlock cable, (is it the same as the t6)

has anyone ever come across the kit needed to do the rear camera install on aliexpress?

i found the lowline kit for a t6, could this be retofited into a t6.1??
the camera is the same fittement, just wondering about the wiring differances on a t6.1 into the radio

Last edited:
if you look on aliexpress for the camera kits, could a kit for a similar model like a golf, troc , toureag etc be the same, if there using the same platform??

what platform is the radio on these new t6.1, is it mqb, mib 2, mib 3 ???

this kit that is £30 on aliexpress is very similar to other sites selling the , just need to dig a bit deeper on aliexpress to come across the right wiring kit

Low Line Rear View Camera KIT - With Guidance Lines - Retrofit for VW T6.1 - 269 euro​

Back