T6 Parking Sensor Dilemma!! All Help Appreciated

maridianpr

Hi Guys,
Looking for your expertise on this if you don’t mind.

Senario:

I bought a 2017 T6 T30 Transporter.
Bumper wasn’t great so got in touch with a local breakers and they found me a new bumper off a 2020.

The new bumper had parking sensors built in and
I asked them to get me the whole system inc bumper and all connections ie module, loom / harness Part Number 7E0971541 AH etc.

Long story short, a company came in and bought the whole van and I was lucky to even get the bumper.

So now I’m left with a new bumper with the OEM 3 pin sensors embedded.

I’m trying to figure out the best way forward now ?

Is there a kit that would work with it like a valeo beep and park, that I could cut the ends of the sensors and solder on the 3 pin connector that the OEM Vw sensors require to operate. I’m aware that if possible this will only work with a beep / speaker and not to the ECU / Head unit, I just think it would be a shame to pull the neat/ OEM sensors out and not at least try to get them working …

Am I looking at an after market kit as my only option ?

Any and all feedback appreciated.

If it’s 2020 then it’s from a T6.1 and your van is a T6 which are different electrical systems so not sure the sensors are compatible ?

I would agree with the above and if you want to go down this route just buy a complete kit that you know will work

If it’s 2020 then it’s from a T6.1 and your van is a T6 which are different electrical systems so not sure the sensors are compatible ?

I would agree with the above and if you want to go down this route just buy a complete kit that you know will work
Thanks @Pauly appreciate that.
I’m also wondering if there were any sensors kits
I could rewire into the fitted sensors in the bumper.
I have a valeo park and beep after market kit that I was gonna have a look at to see if it’s 3 wire like the existing VW sensors. I’m a tech by trade so I’m not worried if I have to solder or splice to connect into the existing sensors if possible.

Back