T6 Transporter Without Adbue And Start-stop

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone can answer this question. I have a 17 plate T6 Transporter with Adblue and start-stop, smart alternator etc. My friend also has a 17 plate T6 Transporter but his van does not have Adblue or start-stop.
If both vans have a euro 6 engine then how come his van doesn't have the same technology as mine?

The reason I ask is that both vans are now camper conversions and have a leisure battery installed in the rear. A smart alternator can damage leisure batteries with the modulating voltage. I had a Cetek D20SA fitted to my van to overcome this issue.

Thanks

Powerbungalow

If he doesn’t have ad-blue he doesn’t have a euro6 engine. Maybe he has a euro5 late registered?

I thought both Euro5 and euro6 had start stop though my euro5 does but it’s a highline, maybe it wasnt on the entry level vans?

Sounds like he has a euro5 engine as all euro 6 diesels in the t6 have the adblue etc, some of the earlier t6 did have euro 5 engines.

Agree with all the above, are they both UK vehicles for the UK market as some regions (like Australia) don’t require eu6 standards/engines and have been selling non Adblue vans long after they stopped here
If they are UK motors then it can only be and old stock van registered late ie an early 2016 van that was sat in a dealers and sold/registered in 2017

The non install of start stop is odd!
My van is a 2016 T6 with start stop and no ads blue. It’s the euro 5 engine.
And even mine has a smart alternator, I have installed a sterling battery to battery charger

Start / Stop is part of the Blue Motion Technology (BMT) package along with the re-gen’ alternator and low rolling resistance tyres. I guess if it’s not a BMT model it won’t have it.
I’ve got a May 2016 registered T6 Highline BMT, Euro 5. From what I remember in 2016 only the Highline was equipped with BMT.

We have a 2016 T6 Trendline panel van (66 reg) - it is Euro 5 BMT with S/S.

Pete

Start / Stop is part of the Blue Motion Technology (BMT) package along with the re-gen’ alternator and low rolling resistance tyres. I guess if it’s not a BMT model it won’t have it.
I’ve got a May 2016 registered T6 Highline BMT, Euro 5. From what I remember in 2016 only the Highline was equipped with BMT.
I have a close-to-base model 2016 T32 shuttle ( a Arnold Clark ex rental) and it has BMT, start stop, and adblue

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 16 plate Trendline E5 with startstop

Yup. Start stop. But not Adblue Euro 6 variant. This engine was out in passenger carriers before it appeared in the PV. Not sure if there was ever such a thing as a T6 Shuttle, Velle or Cali with a Euro 5 donkey. Maybe someone can confirm for sure.

Mine is a 2016 Highline euro 5 140 with S/S and BMT but no adblue which is fine and dandy by me :)

Back