Tailgate showing as always open.

Dmin

Dear all
First time post, could anyone give me any guidance on my t6 2016 plate mfd display indicating that the tailgate is not closed despite being shut. The audio beeping is every time I hit a bump and driving me crazy. I can’t find any adjustment and if a new Microswitch is needed is this an easy job.
Thanks in advance
William

Had my Kombi (T30) for a couple of months now and over these winter months I have noticed that when its cold the "tailgate open" warning light on the display has a tendancy to come on, despite my (firmly) closing the tailgate.

This also has the effect of turning on the interior lights. (I know I can switch this function off) I don't know enough about the tailgate latch mechanism to understand what is causing this? Any ideas?

The "tailgate open" warning light sometimes goes on and off intermittently when going uphill/accelerating, as if the sensor is only just recognising the closed latch. Urghh! Thanks in advance

All doors generate a switched negative signal that is fed back to the dash to indicate door open/closed & acitivate/deactivate interior lights
On the tailgate this signal comes from the lock/latch mechanism itself inside the tailgate, not sure if its repairable and not familiar enough with the lock layout to suggest anything more im afraid

Thanks for your reply Pauly. I guess it could be an electrical fault with the latch or a mechanical fault with the latch engagement.

Do you know if the position of the tailgate latch or rather the pin on the van threshold can be adjusted?

Yes i think the striker plate on the threshold bolts through slots in the plate so can be moved +/- a few mm, you need a spline bit for the bolts though (think its M10 spline but not 100%)

Hi,
I never really sorted it out and tried everything but it seems that this is very common. Everyone else just said live with it for a few weeks and it will go away which worked for me.

Hi
Can anyone advise me on my tailgate audio warning. It’s a straight forward t6 camper, no auto lift. Basically the tail gate is shut and locked but the dashboard display flashes and beeps that it is open. There is no pattern and bumps do not make a difference. It can happen every few seconds or not at all for 5 minutes. I have 1200 miles to drive back to the uk so it is starting to annoy me. Is there any adjustments that I can make. It did happen a few years ago but after a few months it went. Thanks in advance.

Hi
Can anyone advise me on my tailgate audio warning. It’s a straight forward t6 camper, no auto lift. Basically the tail gate is shut and locked but the dashboard display flashes and beeps that it is open. There is no pattern and bumps do not make a difference. It can happen every few seconds or not at all for 5 minutes. I have 1200 miles to drive back to the uk so it is starting to annoy me. Is there any adjustments that I can make. It did happen a few years ago but after a few months it went. Thanks in advance.
Hi @Dmin ...no expert ..had you tried lub on the mechanism ...but you can adjust the door bumper stops to see if it helps

The door switch is part of the lock mechanism.

Try above..

Also look at door loop to body.

Conection after door loop.

The conection point under seat.

Wire diagrams in the downloads section.

Join as a VIP.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and it sorted the problem out. It’s been a few months since the issue and no further problems .
thanks everyone.

Hey all

T6 tailgate is showing as open in dash. Its therefore keeping the internal lights on. Seems to be intermittent fault which has just started. Any advice?

Dumb question, but are you sure the tailgate has closed properly? (No, seriously, it has fooled me once!) After that, the next question will be whether you have "power closing" and then I'd hope that someone who knows more about electrics than I do jumps in!

Dumb question, but are you sure the tailgate has closed properly? (No, seriously, it has fooled me once!) After that, the next question will be whether you have "power closing" and then I'd hope that someone who knows more about electrics than I do jumps in!
No its not power closing and yes its closed properly.

Back