These t6.1 abt e vans . Has anyone

Power ut

RSQ3 engined
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Ripped the electric motor and battery out and converted a diesal in one. I know sounds crazy . Looking at self study on one . Users the std dq500 box so fitting a engine wouldn't be a massive issuise .
I'd assume u could keep most of the electrics .
Just have a ecu to run the engine ? . I'm not sure if the these run a 12v system on lights cluster. ,modules. Not meaning the battery or motor .., as I can see there not a dear van . Consider limited battery life u get from them .. I wouldn't say it would be a massive job to add a t6.1 van loom in if needed .. andtips ideas or further advise

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Rumor has it that the base van is the standard diesel one and the loom is all there tucked out of the way.

Apparently they leave the factory as a standard van and then abt fit the electric running gear but can’t imagine it would work out much cheaper than just buying a van unless your planning to put something a bit different into it ?

Apparently they leave the factory as a standard van and then abt fit the electric running gear but can’t imagine it would work out much cheaper than just buying a van unless your planning to put something a bit different into it ?
I was personally thinking removing all the motor and battery . And fit a diesal ..but not 100% if oem wireing is there for things like ecu/ bcm / cangateway . Not to mention . Ot wireing daigrams avaible yet ....wondering also if the obd port is vcds vw compatible,? As personaly the vans dosent seem to be good sellers with limited miles .evern thow they offer zero road tax . So I'd assume insurance would be cheeper option . Would be nice to leave all main part off wireing in place . On the self study shows the std vw dq500 is used . But only 3 gears and reverse ? Instead of the 7 gears .
Finding info on the wireing system side .as I'm so tempted to do one ..... mechanical side isn't a issuise

9 for sale here if anyone's interested, with a max range of 80 miles between fill ups:

I seen them on ebay . ( no offence hence here) but why would some buy a 80mile on a charge ,at 13k .along with insurance / service/ electric fees . As these grant charging points have a sim card and very expensive. Weekly . It just dosent seem beneficial to buy or evern run one . When my old 1.9 clears 700mile plus on a tank140 of diesal . Yearh I know there's tax test insurance etc ..but sat at charging points for hours threw the day .dosent seem beneficial for the daily driver either .

Reactions: CAB
Rumor has it that the base van is the standard diesel one and the loom is all there tucked out of the way.
I'm seriously thinking off popping a diesal in one . .just the wireing side is the issuise . With it been t6.1 I still reckon a full diesal loom would be more beneficial then trying to add to a electric abt e loom . .looking at all electric modules Used in them

I was personally thinking removing all the motor and battery . And fit a diesal ..but not 100% if oem wireing is there for things like ecu/ bcm / cangateway . Not to mention . Ot wireing daigrams avaible yet ....wondering also if the obd port is vcds vw compatible,? As personaly the vans dosent seem to be good sellers with limited miles .evern thow they offer zero road tax . So I'd assume insurance would be cheeper option . Would be nice to leave all main part off wireing in place . On the self study shows the std vw dq500 is used . But only 3 gears and reverse ? Instead of the 7 gears .
Finding info on the wireing system side .as I'm so tempted to do one ..... mechanical side isn't a issuise
If I was going to get one of these to convert, I would put a petrol engine in.

Like you, I am surprised that anyone is buying these at the prices they are charging to run as an electric van. Maybe the 3 gears is just software, as they cant have left the factory with a diesel and 3 gears.

Back