Things you don't know about your T6 that you should...

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
I think I'm fairly up on the T6 now, especially the California but a few things fox me.

1) Where the heck are the two leisure batteries?
2) Why on Earth has it got an Esperbacher AND a Webasto heater - they do different jobs but not quite worked out what. And where are they? I can see vents but no heater unit.
3) The bizarre cupholder thing (see recent posts) behind the sliding door - yep it's from a Caravelle and fairly redundant but what sort of cup is it meant hold - a giant Yank bucket? It's massive! Similarly the "portable" cup holder much vaunted by VW as a "new" thing on the T6 - who signed that off? It's completely useless as is the little "ashtray" thing it comes with.
4) Why does the van like to do a regen cycle when it's boiling causing immediate, very effective underfloor heating - in 40 degree heat?

And more generally

1) How can an engine chucking out 201bhp/335lbs-ft be so TINY and make such a timid sound?!
2) Why does VW fit "sports" tyres to 4WD vans?
3) When will VW finally make waterproof covers again? Well over a year into production and accessories are still pretty thin on the ground. No I'm not paying £500 for a pair of front covers that look the same as the ones fitted.

I think that's it for now.

Any more?

1) under the passenger seat and behind the small hatch under the wardrobe.
2)one heats the interior the other heats the engine coolant to get the engine up to temp quicker to reduce emissions.
3) reuse of a caravelle part, but I assume if you remove rear shelf the main seat will go back far enough to reveal it.
4)regen is not wether dependant, but there was some discussion about a software update to lower the frequency which it happens.

1a) good aint it :)
2a) that baffles me... also the fact that the VAG group own continental, don't always fit continentals...
3a) <shrugs>

Here's mine,
The remote I have for the Eberbacher on the Cali is the same as my Touareg had for its Webasto.
You cant get a remote for the Webasto on the Cali !?!

Two Leisure batteries, I thought there was only one and I have not got a clue where it is on my Beach.
Don't have the remote heater and when were did I don't think we used it found it too hot.
Got the cup holders so will see if they fit anywhere and take a photo
Mine is only 150 and that is fast enough
FWD not 4x4 and have 18" sportsline
Don't put the lid up much so don't worry about it. :)

1) under the passenger seat and behind the small hatch under the wardrobe.
2)one heats the interior the other heats the engine coolant to get the engine up to temp quicker to reduce emissions.
3) reuse of a caravelle part, but I assume if you remove rear shelf the main seat will go back far enough to reveal it.
4)regen is not wether dependant, but there was some discussion about a software update to lower the frequency which it happens.

1a) good aint it :)
2a) that baffles me... also the fact that the VAG group own continental, don't always fit continentals...
3a) <shrugs>

Here's mine,
The remote I have for the Eberbacher on the Cali is the same as my Touareg had for its Webasto.
You cant get a remote for the Webasto on the Cali !?!

3) Yep it does reveal it - if you remove the shelf (our last van was used a bit more as a car so we usually had it stored indoors) and push the seat fully forwards, the boot is massive!
4) I may mention it (and the weird starting hiccup I had at the weekend) to VW; not too regular but it seems to like to gets it's timing wrong/awkward.

Two Leisure batteries, I thought there was only one and I have not got a clue where it is on my Beach. Not sure the Beach has two batteries?
Don't have the remote heater and when were did I don't think we used it found it too hot. The remote is a bit gimmicky but the heater is great - comfy at zero degrees external air temp. The coldest we've camped in so far.
Got the cup holders so will see if they fit anywhere and take a photo; this is an extra black plastic thing - it's a bit silly.
Mine is only 150 and that is fast enough; commenting on the size rather than power. The unit just seems so small (same as yours but with an extra turbo bolted on)
FWD not 4x4 and have 18" sportsline; talking about tyres not wheels.
Don't put the lid up much so don't worry about it. :)

Ta daa!

Back