Thinking of changing...maybe...

robmug

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just a rambling post really, not selling or buying,...thinking about possible next steps.

Had my current 2019 Kombi since July 2020; been converted fully to camper.
Amazing spec and not sure I'd get same again...Is still under full VW warranty, although the only claim has been the sliding door that failed. Full VW service history too.
DSG, T32, 204, LED headlights, Electric twin sliding doors, comfort dash, electric tailgate, factory tow bar, reversing camera, Side Scan, heated front and rear screens, heated seats, cruise, Apple CarPlay, Nav, Aircon etc.
Supermetal Cell Bronze 18" wheels and Grabber AT3 tyres. (Brilliant combination - ride is superb and handles fields a bit better when camping!)
As a camper it has
VanMax slimline pop top
Evo cupbopards
Aux battery (130Ah), Victron inverter 12/1200, Hookup, CTEK D250SE DC-DC charger,/Solar MPPT, additional Victron AC battery charger, 160W solar on roof,
Hot water (Elgena KB3 3L tank) and shower (rear)
Top loading fridge
Autoterm diesel heater with remote
Underbody Fresh and waste water (fresh water tank also has defrost)
Titan rock & roll bed.
All seats trimmed in leather.
Vanshades on side and tailgate windows
Now on 41k miles (we've done 20k of those in just under 4 years...we bought the van at 1 year old in July 2020)

But.....
I have a hankering for a TSI before they get too old. I know it would mean getting an older donor van, but would still be T6. Would be harder if I was already in a T6.1.
Van is used for 3 things,...
1. Camper for us as a family (4 of us, we tend to do France every summer...also have tent that kids now sleep in as they're older)
2. Race support - towing race car and camping for me at race weekends
3. Family transport to the Alps a couple of times a year

But (part 2)...
TSI not available 4 motion
4 motion would be useful for Alps trips (although we've never been stuck with 2WD)
Sometimes I just fancy a change!

Will probably keep until summer anyway and then make a decision after July camping trip.

Photo for fun (pop top bed has been trimmed since!)

IMG_5816.jpg

That's quite the spec! Literally the only things you're missing are 4motion and LWB.

Back