Thoughts on Hilo Sport 2 pop top

I’m just about to spend a lot of money on a T6 LWB with a Hilo Sport 2 roof. I know the older roofs had some issues, but I wondered if anyone had the newer version fitted?

Yeah, I have one fitted and I love it - no issues, no leaks and very stealthy.

Hilo roofs are very marmite on the forum, but the "Hilo experience" is very much dependent on the installer - it's a time-consuming roof to fit, so it needs to be fitted by someone who doesn't cut corners, otherwise you're very likely to get issues.

Do you know/can you find out who installed the roof? Others whose roof was fitted by the same outfit might then be able to give you their feedback.

Mine was installed by Hilo themselves, it was appalling and took me a long time to resolve all the issues myself.

Mat

Yeah, I have one fitted and I love it - no issues, no leaks and very stealthy.

Hilo roofs are very marmite on the forum, but the "Hilo experience" is very much dependent on the installer - it's a time-consuming roof to fit, so it needs to be fitted by someone who doesn't cut corners, otherwise you're very likely to get issues.

Do you know/can you find out who installed the roof? Others whose roof was fitted by the same outfit might then be able to give you their feedback.
Thanks Bav, reassuring to hear. It was SK Conversions, in the south east I think.

Reactions: Bav
If I were you, I'd do a quick search for 'SK Conversion', read through a few of the threads and possibly message those that look like they may have had a Hilo fitted by this company. :thumbsup:

Back