THQ rear lights. Mystery yellow wire?

dss123

Hi… I’ve just purchased and fitted some THQ rear lights to my T6. They are the smoked red ones for a factory LED van.

The main plug connects fine and everything seems to work… but I’ve got a spare, single, yellow wire on each new light… that I don’t have on the ones I’ve removed.

I’m guessing it’s an Earth or something??

Any ideas? Do I need to connect it to anything?

Cheers

Is this not for linking the lights together so that the reverse light works on both sides rather than the standard one side.
Been a long time since I bought mine but I think that was what it was for.
My memory is terrible though so hopefully someone can confirm.

Edit - mine isn't factory led which could be different set up.

If it is the same as the front you can use the yellow wire to change the sequential indicator to a fixed one.

On the fronts there is a blue wire and yellow wire joined with a crimp plug, disconnect this, connect yellow to yellow, and your indicator behaviour changes.

Is it possible they have done the same on the rear?

Is there a crimp on the extra wire?
Yes the end does have a crimp…

If it is the same as the front you can use the yellow wire to change the sequential indicator to a fixed one.

On the fronts there is a blue wire and yellow wire joined with a crimp plug, disconnect this, connect yellow to yellow, and your indicator behaviour changes.

Is it possible they have done the same on the rear?
Ah yes… good thought. Maybe it’s a jumper and plugs back into the socket somewhere to bypass the sequential mode

Is this not for linking the lights together so that the reverse light works on both sides rather than the standard one side.
Been a long time since I bought mine but I think that was what it was for.
My memory is terrible though so hopefully someone can confirm.

Edit - mine isn't factory led which could be different set up.
Could be… I’ll check

im pretty sure its additional if you want to swap from sequential style indicators over to normal full flash ones, i.e you take out the already connected one and connect to this one for the indicator wire.

Back