Thule Omnistor Fitting kit

T6Paul

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’m looking to fit a Thule Omnistor to my van but I don’t want to drill and fix it permanently, is there a bracket that uses the roof bolt fixings? I want it to be removable. An alternative could be to fix it to the VW roof bars? Any links or tips welcomed.

Having researched similar there are few options I found for truly removable, most of the side mountings that use the roof bolts also need bonding to the van and the ones that clamp on to the multirails need the multirails bonding.

The Fiamma F40 was one of the few as that sits on the roof. Technically they advise bonding the mounts but I know several folks haven't. The one thing to watch is some folks have found it rubs the roof in the middle where it really could do with a third bracket, but you can solve that with some PPF in the area.

I don't think this is possible. Our Thule brackets are permanently attached with blind insert nuts and sikaflex.
The awning case is secured to the bracket with 4 screws so the case could potentially be unscrewed then lifted off, leaving the two brackets on the van.
Don't think I'd fancy lifting it off mind, took two lads to lift and position the thing.

Can I ask, why would you remove the
awning?

In my case because I'm not sure I will keep the van long term and it's not a camper so I'd rather not sell it on with an awning bonded to it.

Back