Transporter HQ Barn Door LED Tail Light Issue…

SteBliss

Purchased a set of the Red smoke transporter HQ lights for my T6 2016 Barn Door Transporter.

When I install 1 LED tail light (left or right) and Leave 1 oem light installed everything on both rear lights work fine.

When I install the second Transporter HQ Led tail light. Everything gets mixed up.

Hazards become reverse lights, brakes become hazards, even my high level rear brake lights were flashing with the hazards at one point?

When I put the Oem lights back in and everything works fine again so I’m assuming it’s not a fuse?

Could it be because my T6 has a T6.1 front end conversion? If so does anyone know the fix because I’m at a loose end

IMG_3401.jpeg

IMG_3402.jpeg

Last edited:
Purchased a set of the Red smoke transporter HQ lights for my T6 2016 Barn Door Transporter.

When I install 1 LED tail light (left or right) and Leave 1 oem light installed everything on both rear lights work fine.

When I install the second Transporter HQ Led tail light. Everything gets mixed up.

Hazards become reverse lights, brakes become hazards, even my high level rear brake lights were flashing with the hazards at one point?

When I put the Oem lights back in and everything works fine again so I’m assuming it’s not a fuse?

Could it be that my T6 has a T6.1 front end conversion? If so does anyone know the fix because I’m on the brink of returning these for a refund

View attachment 250802

View attachment 250803
We have no idea if your front end is a T6.1 facelift as you have not included a pic of your front end.
But as long as you have purchased T6 lights for your 2016 from THQ you should have no issues regardless of your front end.
Generally all problems with THQ lights end up being an issue with the van not the lights. ie A fuse out.
Have you definitely bought the correct lights ?

I was saying my T6 has a T6.1 front end conversion not asking if it does
It shouldn’t make a difference to the light system your van runs on.
There’s a difference between the T6 and T6.1 light systems but your front end will have been adapted to run on the T6 system.
So as long as you have bought T6 rear lights not T6.1 you shouldn’t have problems.

Yes they’re definately T6 led rear lights. Here’s a picture of the rears :)

View attachment 250816
I had problems with my THQ LED rear lights.
THQ were very helpful trying to sort it but guaranteed that the issue wasn’t their lights as they have spent a lot of time developing them so they cause no problems.
Ended up they were right. Turned out my interior lights fuse had blown. It bizarrely caused the main rear lights to switch off after a few minutes of working fine.
So I’d be looking at your van.
Check all your fuses.
Contact THQ. They will try to help and may have come across this before.

Could it be because my T6 has a T6.1 front end conversion? If so does anyone know the fix because I’m at a loose end

View attachment 250802

View attachment 250803

Take a look at this thread from @Dellmassive …. I found it very useful when upgrading from T6 to T6.1 rear lights. From what you’ve described surely you need to change some of the pins?

Take a look at this thread from @Dellmassive …. I found it very useful when upgrading from T6 to T6.1 rear lights. From what you’ve described surely you need to change some of the pins?
Hi, I’ve seen that thread already. It’s not a pin swap issue. As I said with only 1 light fitted everything works fine. As soon as I fit the other lights everything gets messed up.

Back