Tripping EHU

Babylee41

Hello new owner of a new t6 conversion first time away & first time plugging into the site mains & it tripped their power. The rcd inside the van doesn’t trip just the sites power point. Tried a New cable & same thing happened. Everything in the can seems to work & tested fine. Any idea on what can cause this ??

Have you got a large load switched on in the van when you plug in ? I'd make sure everything is off before plugging in.

Van*

Nothing at all plugged in

Only the fridge is on

Tried with everything off too still the same problem. All works fine until we plug into the sites power

dc42dd02-76ee-4e03-98cf-b3c48c7b7843.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no expert, but I'd try turning fridge off.

Does it do the same in another site socket?

I did read somewhere about 'reverse polarity' possibly being an issue on sites. I'm sure there is a socket tester thing.

@Dellmassive

Un plug your EHU cable from the van & plug it into the EHU. So it’s just the cable & see if it still trips. If it does, the fault is in the cable.

Could have been a fault with the site's hook-up point - did you have the opportunity to try an alternative point?

Could have been a fault with the site's hook-up point - did you have the opportunity to try an alternative point?
Yes tried a few different ones’ & cables I think it must be wired incorrectly

I'm no expert, but I'd try turning fridge off.

Does it do the same in another site socket?

I did read somewhere about 'reverse polarity' possibly being an issue on sites. I'm sure there is a socket tester thing.

@Dellmassive
Tried with it off. Going to check it’s wired properly maybe wires are touching or something

Reactions: Bav
Try as above.

Your ehu lead alone, with no van.

Then try with van. But cu switched off.

Then try turning one one circuit at a time

Looks like water sprays right off the back wheel into it. Will put a new one and silicone it. Must be something I can put as a shield

Looks like water sprays right off the back wheel into it. Will put a new one and silicone it. Must be something I can put as a shield
Yeh I would be fabricating a shield of thin aluminium and glueing it in place with sikaflex.
Got any pics of inside arch ?

The plastic flange needs some heavy metal spreader plates - plastic and 4 bolts/screws is a recipe for disaster. Plastic always has a tendency to warp.

Back