tyre fitment, 18 steels on a lowered van

alginio

Hi, I'm new here, and recently bought my first T6. The van is currently sitting on what I think are Judd T311R 20s, and have a 255 35 tyre: The fitment is very close, and whilst the van looks cool, and I've had no issues with rubbing etc, I've decided I just can't live with the ride. Im going to be swapping them out for an 18x8 steel for which seemingly a 235 50 is a good choice.
My question is whether these would fill the arches sufficiently as to not look strange, or should a higher profile be considered? (I'm looking at a road style tyre as opposed to a swamper.)

Thanks

Hi, I'm new here, and recently bought my first T6. The van is currently sitting on what I think are Judd T311R 20s, and have a 255 35 tyre: The fitment is very close, and whilst the van looks cool, and I've had no issues with rubbing etc, I've decided I just can't live with the ride. Im going to be swapping them out for an 18x8 steel for which seemingly a 235 50 is a good choice.
My question is whether these would fill the arches sufficiently as to not look strange, or should a higher profile be considered? (I'm looking at a road style tyre as opposed to a swamper.)

Thanks
Firstly, how low is your van?
Measure from the centre cap up to the arch (for both front and rear) to give us an idea.

This thread will give you a good mix of opinions on 18” side profiles

You can list your Judd’s for sale on here

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

You really want to make sure the ride quality isn't down to your suspension rather than the Judds as a new set of 18s and tyres would be a major chunk out of one of Steve@CRS's reasonsly priced super slumberland comfy down deluxe suspension setups and getting rid of Judds only normally happens when a van is bagged or the owner has lost their mojo.:unsure::whistle:

You really want to make sure the ride quality isn't down to your suspension rather than the Judds as a new set of 18s and tyres would be a major chunk out of one of Steve@CRS's reasonsly priced super slumberland comfy down deluxe suspension setups and getting rid of Judds only normally happens when a van is bagged or the owner has lost their mojo.:unsure::whistle:
Ouch!

Firstly, how low is your van?
Measure from the centre cap up to the arch (for both front and rear) to give us an idea.

This thread will give you a good mix of opinions on 18” side profiles

You can list your Judd’s for sale on here

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
thanks! It would appear 360mm centre to arch. not entirely sure how much the van has been dropped in total.

As mentioned above check what suspension you are running first before swapping out wheels, I would expect this to be the real cause of your issues.

I run 20" Judd's on 255/35 tyres and used to have B14 coilovers on the lowest possible setting (approx 80mm drop), the drive was terrible.

I've since changed to Solow coilovers with the same wheels and tyres, (approx 120mm lower) and the drive is totally transformed - so much smoother and refined. Not the horrible crashy mess I had with the B14's.

btw, this isn't a slant on B14's, they are very good if not pushing them to the limit and going for maximum drop.

Back