Tyre Load Index - temporary

Deandubya

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Sorry about bringing this up.. just got myself some Sportlines for my T32, current tyres are 101W... been looking at tyres/loads index weight etc & it's saying 825kg, Wheels are 860kg, so fine.. I've got a Kombi, not for long though as its being converted very shortly, normally i'm a kind of **** it & get on with it person..
Question is, will these tyres be ok for just nipping to the garage to get tyres changed to 103's or 4's & maybe nipping here & there... i know it's a loaded weight 3.2ton but it's just Kombi'd with no load... :thumbsdown:

My two-penn'orth... if you're running without load, then there's probably no physical danger of running tyres that aren't correctly load rated, but, if you have an accident while doing so and your insurer gets wind of it, they could refuse to pay out and, possibly, cancel your policy w/o refund.

Physically they will be fine if you remain within their load. Insurance is the bigger issue in the unlikely event you had an accident and the low rated tyres were seen as a factor by the insurance company. In the worst case that could result in your insurance being void. All very unlikely but worth being aware of the worst.

My two-penn'orth... if you're running without load, then there's probably no physical danger of running tyres that aren't correctly load rated, but, if you have an accident while doing so and your insurer gets wind of it, they could refuse to pay out and, possibly, cancel your policy w/o refund.
Yeh that's fine no worries.. i will be ordering correct Load rating & literally just going to a garage for them to be fitted that's pretty much it.

Reactions: CAB
Insurance is one point, but if said unlikely accident involved a serious injury, or worse, then said poop would really hit the fan.

Physically they will be fine if you remain within their load. Insurance is the bigger issue in the unlikely event you had an accident and the low rated tyres were seen as a factor by the insurance company. In the worst case that could result in your insurance being void. All very unlikely but worth being aware of the worst.
Cheers bud.. little things like that i wasn't fully aware of until i joined the forum & having a sniff around... :thumbsup:

i say little things lightly..

Even though 101W's are 825kg, they're basically not suitable for 3.2t? as that would be 3.3t for the tyres or am i on the wrong track in thinking that way...?

The maths works a little differently;
101 would give 825kg per tyre.
VW T6 T32 axle ratings are 1710kg front and 1720kg rear.

Edited to say per tyre, not wheel or axle.
Multitasking getting worse!
Andy

Last edited:
Even though 101W's are 825kg, they're basically not suitable for 3.2t? as that would be 3.3t for the tyres or am i on the wrong track in thinking that way...?
It goes on the individual axle.

You need to look at your rear axle load on the VIN plate.

Back