Tyre pressure advice

psybear

Hi folks.

I have a camper conversion T6.1.

Came with standard 16" wheels but I switched to 18" about six months ago. It's not lowered and on standard suspension too.

New wheels came with Hankook Ventus Prime 2 tyres, 255/45 R18 103H tyres.

I just checked my pressures ahead of a big road trip this weekend. Back two were at 35-36 psi and fronts were around 41-42 psi.

The label on the van (see pic) suggests that those are close to being right for a lightly laden van - but that the front and rear should both be at 48 for fully laden.

Does the conversion count as being fully laden? Or should I be closer to the normal loading pressures?

Have to say that the ride already feels very firm to me at existing pressures, but that's probably just me coming from my old Passat.

Grateful for any informed advice.

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-18 at 17.55.52.jpeg

That label suggests your base van was either a Caravelle or a Shuttle?

Either way yes camper conversion are (in)famous for being rear heavy to the point that many folks consider suspension changes to get the van to sit level, so I would definitely consider the loaded end of the range.

Thanks for the response. Got some advice from a Facebook T6.1 group too.

Base van was a Kombi.

Just ever me in it as a passenger but consensus does seem be that something like 45psi all round is best. I haven't noticed any uneven tyre wear with the existing pressures. Visually the front does seem like the tyres could do with a bit more pressure than the existing.

Back