UK Custom Covers - internal windscreen cover

I have bought their internal windscreen cover. Very happy.

View attachment 47751

Did you find that you had to add extra poppers or replace the ones supplied?? Still happy with them??

I cannot go back to the suction things. They make a mess of the window, fall down during the night and on occasion, get so stuck that they stay on the window when the blind comes off. I am wondering if poppers are the way to go. (OH doesn't want an external blind because it will get wet and then add damp into the van).
:)

I use these clips each corner of the front window. They used to fall off in the middle of the night but with a clean and a little moisture they stay on overnight but still peel off easily with a fingernail under one edge. I find with condensation on a cold night the window is a mess anyway the following day so that doesn't bother me. I have a shammy leather covered sponge for wiping the front window in the mornings. The poppers would be better if I was brave enough to screw into the van lining. I'm still pleased with them and prefer them to the wet external blind type. Screenshot_20190817-203554_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have bought their internal windscreen cover. Very happy.

View attachment 47751
These are exactly the type i use... and they work well... some say that i may need an outside, front wraparound for the winter for extra insulation... we will see... :)

I use these clips each corner of the front window. They used to fall off in the middle of the night but with a clean and a little moisture they stay on overnight but still peel off easily with a fingernail under one edge. I find with condensation on a cold night the window is a mess anyway the following day so that doesn't bother me. I have a shammy leather covered sponge for wiping the front window in the mornings. The poppers would be better if I was brave enough to screw into the van lining. I'm still pleased with them and prefer them to the wet external blind type. View attachment 49140
My issue is that I want a little ventilation... and sometimes my wife wants more ventilation when i fart... :) ... so... the suction cups dont work for me... that said, its nice to know these exist as they may be good for hanging up laundry in the van :)

Anyone resolved the issue of the screen blind falling off the pop fasteners when trying to stretch over to fit other side. It's as if the fasteners are not a tight fit and any tension applied to the cover when stretching after fitting 3 fasteners on 1 side results in the cover falling off the fasteners. The magnetic fixed side window covers are fine .. albeit a bit of a precision fit wrt getting the magnetic attach point spot on or there's a slight gap at the bottom.
I've contacted the supplier for solution but any others with similar experience.

I've had absolutely no problem with the side ones. That takes zero rocket science or precision.

In terms of the front. I had a problem with one of the poppers breaking off from the material and staying attached to popper on the pillar. The guys replaced it straight away without too much questioning.
It is hard and sometimes it pops off as I go to attach the other side but trying again usually gets it and its perfect. Where abouts are you having the interior mirror? make sure you cover the internal mirror, dont have the inside the van. I find that puts too much stretch on the blind and makes it really hard to fit.
I have tried allsorts of blinds and covers. This is by far the best design I have seen and as they are pretty much black out they are great for lay ins. They also make it look like the vans windows are tinted rather then anyone is parked up camping.

No interior mirror .. van converted from panel van with solid tailgate. I just think I've been given dodgy poppers as they just don't engage with positive pop in and easily just 'pop out'

so do they pop out if you fit one side without even attempting to stretch it? If so you definately have a dodgy popper/s somewhere. If not and it only does it when you stretch it, it might be the material. Might be worth trying to pull it to force a stretch in it.

I need to get some more poppers as left my last lot in the T5 when I sold it.

Seems to Fall out after fitting one side even just positioning and moving the cover over over the dash , and also if you have the elastic over the visors and try stretching to whatever to the closing side as final fit

Had same problem. Contacted them and they sent a new bag of poppers FOC. Looking at their reviews it wasn’t a uncommon issue.

Ours work fine (not been used a lot thought). We put the elastic round the visors first then do the poppers. Don't know if that helps at all.

Yes ...they do work with the correct poppers and studs... the first set delivered had wrong size studs so did not make a positive pushfit... and just fell off.... the second screen blind I received did not fit on the original studs even with force .. but the additional studs received were the right size to the original blind... all's well that ends well ... a bit of QC I think.. they are good for total blackout .. New ones hold even before elastic on visor

Poor quality internal blinds from UK Custom Covers, I do not recommend.

My friend recommended them to me last year and the quality was amazing so I purchased a set. The ones I got were slightly lower quality material then his but still ok.

After 6 months and 5 uses one of the front poppers came away from the windscreen blind. I had some problems with it popping off now and then but got the hang of it. They replaced the front one luckily but yet again this new one which was even lower quality has done the same thing after just a few uses. They wont reply to my messages this time however they are able to get discount sales up, still take orders and still sending orders out so its pretty poor customer service now.

I had no alternative but to repair myself. I went with high quality heavy duty leather poppers. Bonus is they are black too.
You will see the poor quality poppers in the pictures of the silver ones that come on the blinds as opposed to the blacks I have fitted. Not to mention the slight rusting on a few of them which is a tad worrying. My new ones are brass so I wont ever have that problem again.
A slight rant but last thing I want is owners to waste their money. I cannot recommend them anymore so please avoid if you can. I am sure there is higher quality ones out there. At the price you pay it is dissapointing.
The concept of them is spot on but the quality is the problem.
Happy to repair/upgrade anyones for a small cost but obviously I would rather you purchased better ones in the 1st place. £85 is a tad steep for a poor product.

20200509_103923_resized.jpg
20200509_103936_resized.jpg
20200509_104004_resized.jpg
20200509_104039_resized.jpg
20200509_104017_resized.jpg
20200509_105042_resized.jpg
20200509_105053_resized.jpg

Ok I need to adjust my thinking. So I got a replacement front screen as the popper came off, The replacement was slightly poorer quality material and after 2 uses, It has happened again.
I have repaired with better ones. I am pretty dissapointed with the company itself.

They look like good quality to me,

is it just the poppers you had issue with?

The material length is much shorter then my friends and my 1st front one so you pop one side on, go to pop the other on and the 1st side pops off. The material has less stretch then the 1st ones.
The sides are perfectly fine with the magnets on.
There is a few people making this design.
The stitching is nice but for £85 it should be, just a shame they cant fit and use proper poppers in the first place like the ones I fitted. The popper makes the product after all. Without it would not work.
Clearly cost cutting compared to their 1st ones sold and my friend paid a lot less so price has gone up and quality has come down.

Wasnt too impessed myself.. ended up with 2 sets of blinds and 2 sets of studs .. but only 1 complete working set out of the 2.. probably go elsewhere if ever need in future

Second thumbs down for UK Custom Covers. On mine one side popped off when fitting other side. Poppers too weak. They sent some stronger ones through - too strong, wrecked the cover. Went down to the local haberdashery and bought new poppers to fit myself And they are Ok now. The sides were also different sizes.

They did eventually send through a replacement set but it took a lot of hassle.

Back