Underseat Wiring for Sub

Clarky94

VIP Member
I am looking to fit a under-seat sub into my 6.1 California and hoping someone can advise me how to identify the relevant connections, speaker connectors switched feed etc

TIA

Do you have space in a California?

Usually one seat base is taken up with a battery and the other often has heater ducts and/or inverter?

Yes I have a California. The passenger seat has the leisure battery under it and there is an inverter under the driver seat but Alpine instructions implies that the sub and the amp will fit under the seat. I will phone them and confirm don’t really want to do? I’m just looking around at the moment to see what is possible

Last edited:
There generally isn't a switched feed as such under the seats, you are most likely going to need to have at least one of the seats and bases out to get under the floor and run cabling from the centre fuse box and head unit quadlock.

No need for switch feed as most have auto turn on, there is a ground bolt/nut under the flap of the carpet under drivers seat, power from leisure

There is also rear speaker connections under both seats ..

Drop us a pm or call and il go through it all

After a bit of looking around I am considering this update SPC-D84AT6 550 Watt 6-Channel DSP amplifier and subwoofer system. that apparently is plug and play

Plug and play, just requires a ground and 12v from battery
What sort of 12v+ does it need is switched or just direct on to battery or find somewhere under seat?

This is a few items under the drivers seat where I propose to put the sub I will probably. have to move some of the bits out the way - while I am at it I was considering connecting the wireless charger up to the head as I believe the is some sort of interconnection between the two but can't find details of that

IMG_7970.JPG

Last edited:
What sort of 12v+ does it need is switched or just direct on to battery or find somewhere under seat?

This is under the drivers seat where I propose to put the sub I will probably. have to move some of the bits out the way - while I am at it I was considering connecting the wireless charger up to the head as I believe the is some sort of interconnection between the two but can't find details of that

View attachment 248781
You will need to take the modules out of the holders and move them to the side of the seat base, using double sided etc and a bit of a move around with cables.

Take the 12v directly from the battery

Back