Undertray Puzzle - Help!

peter1987t

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi!

My car is a Volkswagen T6 2017 TSI

I want to replace my undertray due to some serious CNG modifications done in the past.
But I feel like I am missing parts and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Can someone verify that I indeed am missing parts? (looking at the layout, I think it is completely section 14)
Other things I should order?

How it looks now:
PXL_20240614_152926343.MP.jpg

Parts that I got out, old and new;

Parts below next to each other:
PXL_20240614_152847608.MP.jpg

Looking at the layout:

underside.jpg

This is missing ?

1718380756926.png

Thanks, much appreciated

Regards,
Peter

Last edited:
OKay, I think I am pretty sure this is missing due to the additional Addblue tank I dont have :)

Going to see if I can order these additional parts at my dealer.

when I fitted mine recently, it didn’t need those parts. Just went straight on with a few fixings under the sill then one of those body washer things on the opposite side.

when I fitted mine recently, it didn’t need those parts. Just went straight on with a few fixings under the sill then one of those body washer things on the opposite side.
You also have a TSI? I am worried if i dont install that foam piece where normally the AdBlue tAnk sits, i fear it will be all wobly and not supported enough

Reactions: CJW
Thanks that helps! I have ordered the part, but since it was on backorder with the dealer, i ordered it from the UK.

Will take a bit untill it is in, so might as well follow your examples and just mount it without the foam bracket.

I got it sorted i guess, got the foam part in early.
So for everyone in the same boat as me, here you can see what i bought and hopefully fitted successfully tonight.

1000058139.jpg

Only thing i dont know how and where to put is this part, Although it is on the drawing...

1000058141.jpg

Well, it remained a puzzle TBH... But i got it fitted well enough for now.

Although, the drawings were not helping, not even while calling the official parts department of our dealer.

So could be that my car is not standard and missing something, i am incompetent or the drawings arent correct...:whistle:

The undertray itself is easy peasy, the foam bracket is the problem. It can only be outlined in 1 way with the undertray, but following that position, there is only 1 mounting pointing lining up with the chassis, I used that and then fixed the foam part to the undertray and now everything is sturdy and quite well fixed. I can't imagine a big splash of water destroying it now.

How it was:
Due to CNG, the old smaller petrol tank was installed here. Original is now installed leaving this area open
1000057122.jpg

Overview:
How the foam part fits in the undertray:
1000058174.jpg

Fitting the foam part.
Here you can see the amount of space between the bracket and th chassis. No way that it should be pushed more to the chassis , the undertray would not fit anymore.
1000058179.jpg

Alignment:
Here you see it how it should align, look at the 3 mounting places which also fit right into the foam;
1000058182.jpg

Job done:
1000058184.jpg

Would be very interested to see how it should fit by default. Again, my car was quite a lot modified by the CNG conversion. So not sure what is original or not. In the Diesel variant , the AdBlue is there.

Cheers! Hopefully it helps someone :)

Last edited:
It’s a good idea to carry out a very simple & inexpensive mod to that under tray to prevent it collapsing when driving through standing water the panel is about £110 the mod is about £1 and 20 minutes of your time.

See thread

So I've just looked under my T6 204TSI and found nothing in this space except the remnants of some broken foam. Looks like mine has made a swift exit at some point.

I was looking because my Webasto heater fuel pump wasn't kicking in and it looks like that's been broken too perhaps in the process. The connector seems snapped off.

Where did you order all the parts from? I have the bracket, just no foam and no tray it seems.

From your images it looks like you don't have the bracket I have (Which still has old foam bits attached)

1.jpg

So I've just looked under my T6 204TSI and found nothing in this space except the remnants of some broken foam. Looks like mine has made a swift exit at some point.

I was looking because my Webasto heater fuel pump wasn't kicking in and it looks like that's been broken too perhaps in the process. The connector seems snapped off.

Where did you order all the parts from? I have the bracket, just no foam and no tray it seems.

From your images it looks like you don't have the bracket I have (Which still has old foam bits attached)

View attachment 249369

Awesome! This is super valuable, I now see the part that i am missing and its not on the drawings. Do you maybe have the opportunity to see if the black bracket with the 2 mount points has a VAG number?

I tried linking the Ebay hyperlink I bought it from but it appeared to be a one time selling. My dealer mentioned that this part was on backorder.

If you use the following VAG code, you should be able to find one.

7E0825227A​

What year is your van? Swb/LWB?

I'm glad I could help, even if it was by pure chance. My wife has just driven off for a weekend of camping so I can't check until after the weekend.

It's a 2017 (maybe early 2018) SWB

Practically the same Van is mine, how many km's on it? If i may ask?

Your van surely looks way better than mine on its belly.

Back