Unwanted Swirly Spray

TheBadger

T6 Pro
Picked up my new wheels, unfortunately when I went to see the van before PDI, the rear doors were damaged in transit… not significant but clearly evident.

The dents were subsequently tapped out (better but still visible, currently chasing compensation with VC) and as a consequence of the method of tapping out, the inside face of the solid barn doors was scratched back to bear metal.

… van went back in for internal respray to door but has now come back with swirl marks on outside of doors and evidence of overspray (poor prep!!).

This is turning into a right saga!

I now hope to get a quote to get detailing done independently to get the swirls out and buff out the overspray... and seek further compensation from VC.

Any recommendations on detailers around Sheffield / Chesterfield area??

Would be happy to also travel a little further if in Midlands or South Yorkshire.

Excel detailing are worth a shout. Nice unit and workmanship. I buy all my stuff from him and he will advise you on your budget and not the big sell.

Great positive and engaging responses from Excel Detailing. And within 15min of emails being sent. Could be worthy of a slap up write up in due course….

He's a sound guy. He could have ripped my eyes out as I wanted certain products, but he persuaded me to sample some other products that were cheaper and better. He's very knowledgeable and honest with his products that he sells and no b.s which is what I like. Just tell him an idiot with a grey t6 with yellow bits put you his way:thumbsup:

He's a sound guy. He could have ripped my eyes out as I wanted certain products, but he persuaded me to sample some other products that were cheaper and better. He's very knowledgeable and honest with his products that he sells and no b.s which is what I like. Just tell him an idiot with a grey t6 with yellow bits put you his way:thumbsup:
You’re going to have to narrow it down a little….doubtless he’ll have met many grey T6 owners.

By the way, did your GP diagnose what was turning your bits yellow?!!

Back