Usb Not Working

foll19

VIP Member
Hi
We have a 2016 T6 Shuttle and the USB on the dash next to the shelf over the glove box won't charge a phone (standard dash). I've read a few things on here to suggest it may not link to the stereo which isn't a major issue as happy to bluetooth music and phone. Just would like to be able to charge a phone from this USB.
Any advice on what to do to get it working?
TIA

Isn't that fed from a fuse in the SC fuse box..... lower centre dash?.... I'll double check the schematic later.

Its only powered from fusebox if you have multiple usb outlets/comfort dash
Single usb outlet on dash gets power from headunit

Do you still have the factory headunit fitted ?

Its only powered from fusebox if you have multiple usb outlets/comfort dash
Single usb outlet on dash gets power from headunit

Do you still have the factory headunit fitted ?

Yes - we have the factory head unit still - basic colour screen unit without satnav.
Only 1x USB outlet as described.
Don't know if it's relevant but it is a shuttle and has 3x 12v points - one on top of dash, one second row seats and one offside close to the tailgate.
Was thinking would get a double USB charger to plug into 12v dash socket but be nice to get USB working still.

Thanks for assistance people.

So . . . . 1xUSB then its powered from head unit directly.

Have you tried a USB power meter to see it its putting out any power at all?

Tried different USB devices?

Tried different USB cables?

Interestingly, mine has stopped working today. Caprplay fired up but it was not charging my iPhone 8.

Going to pop ou with my USB power meter later and see what's up.

Interestingly, mine has stopped working today. Caprplay fired up but it was not charging my iPhone 8.

Going to pop out with my USB power meter later and see what's up.

It must be Zuckerberg causing issues, what with him now having to turn off the eavesdrop function of Facebook Messenger..

I’ll get my coat tin-hat

+1 for the Anker chargers and cables (240v, 12v and battery banks)

Back