Victron Smart Solar 75/15 and battery capacity.

A follow up from my recent thread re the CTEK D250SE and a solar panel.... I purchased a Victron Smart Solar 75/15, and have it installed, but I notice it has a preset Battery capacity of 200Ah, which is not one of the parameters that can be changed via the Victron Connect app. My battery has a capacity of 115Ah, so being a numpty still, I'm wondering if the disparity will cause me grief.

I understand that if I purchase a Victron Smart Shunt, I will be able to change the battery capacity for the charger. However, I already have installed an AiLi Battery monitor, which has it's own shunt. If I install the Victron Shunt, I'm guessing that the AiLi shunt data connection will be unusable, thus making the monitor itself redundant, but as above, I will be able to alter the battery capacity setting. :oops:

If I need the Victron shunt, I guess the next thing will be a Victron Battery Monitor. It seem's I'm going down a deep rabbit hole.... :(

I’ve just been and checked mine (100/15) on the app and I can’t see anywhere that it shows battery capacity.

There is no battery capacity setting. Can you screenshot the setting your on about on your phone and post a photo?

Apologies one and all.... I think I'm mixing up the info from the Victron Smart battery monitor. Only having the van for a few weeks has had me reading a multitude of websites, and watching scores kf Youtube videos on many subjects, and it's short circuited my brain
There is no battery capacity setting. Can you screenshot the setting your on about on your phone and post a photo?

Exactly which Victron smart monitor do you have? BMV 712?

Back