VW Camper EHU issue (Where to connect with split charge in place)

alliedassault

Hi all,

I have recently installed a LB which runs all the electrics in the van complete with a split charging system (all working as expected)
When on site I would like to utilise the EHU to provide power for the LB and appliances. So I have purchased the IP65 charger unit ( link below)

I have connected the Charger unit directly to the LB, when the batter is charging my split charger keeps tripping every few seconds ( it clicks on then turns off and keeps repeating)

Could anyone advise if the issue is with the split charger or the positioning of the Charger unit within the circuit ?

Many Thanks in advance

David

Hi all,

I have recently installed a LB which runs all the electrics in the van complete with a split charging system (all working as expected)
When on site I would like to utilise the EHU to provide power for the LB and appliances. So I have purchased the IP65 charger unit ( link below)

I have connected the Charger unit directly to the LB, when the batter is charging my split charger keeps tripping every few seconds ( it clicks on then turns off and keeps repeating)

Could anyone advise if the issue is with the split charger or the positioning of the Charger unit within the circuit ?

Many Thanks in advance

David
I'm sure a lot will tell you to get rid of the split charger. No good on vehicles with the stop start system. Get a dc-dc charger installed.

Someone more in the know will be along shortly! In the meantime (as it will get asked) what split charge system have you got? Is it literally a split charge relay or a battery to battery (DC-DC) charger?

Someone more in the know will be along shortly! In the meantime (as it will get asked) what split charge system have you got? Is it literally a split charge relay or a battery to battery (DC-DC) charger?
Hi mate,

Its this one

8m Split Charge Relay Kit, 12v 140Amp Smart Dual Battery Isolator, Voltage Sensitive Relay Kit with LED Screen Display for Campervan Van Truck SUV RV ATV UTV Boat
https://amzn.eu/d/0fsGnRk5

Back