Warning lights and messages

Jaxx

Hi, a few days ago I have had some warning lights come up, yellow abs, traction control, tyre pressure. They have been flicking on and off intermittently. (Started just as I got onto the NC500!)
Today I have had the red break warning light and lost my fuel gauge and speedo. Turning off and on again the fuel gauge has come back but no speedo and the red brake light comes back on when I move off.
I’m in the middle of the highlands on holiday so I basically would like to know if I am looking at getting a recovery or is this just a cluster problem and my van is ok and safe to drive?
Thanks you.

Your first set of lights sound like an ABS sensor issue as all those systems rely on wheel speed data to do their job.

With a fault there it's not unsafe to drive but clearly will not be as safe as with functional ABS and traction control.

Your second set of faults is more concerning. Have you had any bad pot holes or standing water that might have either shaken the van badly or got water into electrical connectors?

It might not be serious enough for a recovery but personally I'd get it seen to locally rather than continuing. Some of our more northern members may be able to recommend somewhere.

Thanks, It makes sense as it’s probably all linked including the Speedo but I’m not understanding the fuel guage malfunctioning, or is that another issue?
Not hit any standing water or big potholes.

What's your battery health like?
A dying battery can throw up all sorts of faults.

Back