Warning lights !!!

Chus

Hi to all, just bought my T6, is an ex AA van, 2 days after I bought the van a Glow plug light came on, and went is intermittent and it goes on limp mode, this morning started the van and the ABS light came on, and Stability Control light too, the van smokes white on start then drives ok when warm, any ideas? I checked the solenoid (turbo boost position sensor) and there is vacuum on the delivery pipe to the turbo, but not nothing from the other end in the solenoid, are this things all related? any one had this issue and got it fixed? Thanks

So after a trip to my mechanic the turbo has been disconnected and apparently the ecu is not communicating with the van !!! he said the wiring loom looks loose as if someone has tampered with it. I have a Transporter T32 ST-LN TDI BMT, does any one know what turbo I need? I'm a bit confused, any experiences with refurbishing the old one? Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
If it's 2 days since you bought it and has all those faults I'd be rejecting the van and asking for my money back?

Unfortunately I bought it privately and the bloke that I bought it from is gone, back to his country, so that's not an option.

• Sad
Unfortunately I bought it privately and the bloke that I bought it from is gone, back to his country, so that's not an option.

Get the turbo reconnected, make sure loom isn't damaged and get codes read.

How did it drive on test drive without turbo connected?

It drove really well, still drives well with the turbo disconnected, but it’s an awful lot of white smoke in the morning when I start the van, and I can smell diesel in traffic, possibly due to the turbo being disconnected. I’m going to see if the turbo can be refurbished, and someone to check the loom, if anyone knows any reliable mechanics to do this in North London that would be much appreciated

It drove really well, still drives well with the turbo disconnected, but it’s an awful lot of white smoke in the morning when I start the van, and I can smell diesel in traffic, possibly due to the turbo being disconnected. I’m going to see if the turbo can be refurbished, and someone to check the loom, if anyone knows any reliable mechanics to do this in North London that would be much appreciated

I'm not a mechanic, is white smoke not unburnt diesel? Injector fault, timing?

still drives well with the turbo disconnected
A T6 with a non functioning turbocharger will not drive well if at all. The lack of variable vane control will not in itself prevent the turbocharger from creating boost. On what grounds do you believe the turbocharger needs replacing?
If you don’t already need a new DPF you will very soon, stop driving it.
I suggest you get a written description from the mechanic who gave you the diagnosis and post it on the Forum.

A T6 with a non functioning turbocharger will not drive well if at all.
If you don’t already need a new DPF you will very soon, stop driving it.
I suggest you get a written description from the mechanic who gave you the diagnosis and post it on the Forum.
Mechanics said the turbo has been disconnected ( don’t know what that means ) and that the wiring loom is loose and the ecu is not communicating, he seem to think that maybe someone try to tamper with the loom, hence the intermittent christmas tree light situation on the dash, they also have a small garage and didn’t want to keep the van for long, so I don’t know what to think to be honest, is in another garage at the moment ( Autowerk, in Muswell Hill ) and I’m waiting for their diagnostic on all issues,good mechanics are like hens teeth apparently!!

Back